acer a1-830 differences? ???

catfan
catfan Member Posts: 4 New User

I am wanting to purchase a acer a1-830, I owned the previous model, my problem is that there are two models for sale that look identical.  The a1-830-1497 and the a1-830-1633.  Both are identical in specs at acer. Com. And nobody I have contacted knows the difference, please help..........

Best Answer

• Ideas_Acer
    Ideas_Acer Member Posts: 284 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hey, I just saw this thread this morning and wanted get you all an explanation.  The two A1-830 SKU's are identical.  The SKU difference is simply an internal tracking mechanism that we use.  One SKU is sold via our Consumer channel, and the other via our Commercial channel (volume sales to businesses, schools, etc.)  So you should only find one of the SKU's sold in retailer stores and websites.  Sorry for the confusion.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,670 Trailblazer

Often the differences are only in the source for some component on the board, not anything functional. All you can really assume is that the larger number is a slightly newer design, but it is likely just a move to a cheaper component or two.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • catfan

Actually the first model release was the 1633 model, then the other day they released the 1479 model?????  It looks like the 1633 model is being sold to the general public, and the 1479 is being offered by stores geared towards business.  I wonder if that means anything???? Like applied computer, united office, sparco, cometsupply, and so on.....

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

As far as I can see from the mostly American reviews one of the main differences between the A1-810 and the new 830 is that the latter has no HDMI connection, battery life does not appear to be as good either. I note that the processor is Intel.

• billsey

Both models the OP talked about were 830s.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • roadwarrior796

Yes, I understand that but the op referred to the fact that they had owned the previous model, the previous model was the A1-810.

• catfan

I don't care about previous model I just trying to figure out differences between the two new 830 models,  sorry if I made it confusing

• roadwarrior796

Sorry if I got it wrong, just trying to help.

• catfan

Its just really weird because acer doesnt even seem to know the difference between the models. ???? Lol.

• billsey

I'm sure there are engineers at Acer who could say exactly what the differences are, but likely no one from the sales division will be able to, since to them they are all the same model. Smiley Happy

• Ideas_Acer
    Ideas_Acer Member Posts: 284 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hey, I just saw this thread this morning and wanted get you all an explanation.  The two A1-830 SKU's are identical.  The SKU difference is simply an internal tracking mechanism that we use.  One SKU is sold via our Consumer channel, and the other via our Commercial channel (volume sales to businesses, schools, etc.)  So you should only find one of the SKU's sold in retailer stores and websites.  Sorry for the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.