Why can't hard reset my tablet?

MuchWow
MuchWow Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello guys. My Tablet is Acer Iconia A3 (i think Smiley Happy).

My sister tried to upgrade android but failed to do it. Now tablet is stuck on Android upgrade logo and won't start. When i connect charger it automatically power up and i can't press Power Button and Volume Up so i can't get to screen where i can pick Factory Reset.

So basically: 1) Tablet power up, 2) Gets to Android Upgrade logo, 3) It stays for 1-2 min, 4) Restart and all over again until battery dies then he turns off.

My question is: Is there any other way to factory reset my tablet? I know that this is just software issue but i can't find any answer on google.

Thank you guys in advance.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

search on google: unbrick a-a10

there's a blog with a nice article (not mine and i can't post the direct link, community rules)

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

search on google: unbrick a-a10

there's a blog with a nice article (not mine and i can't post the direct link, community rules)

• MuchWow

PC can't recognize tablet and install driver because tablet reboot in 1 min... Any other suggestion?

• IronFly

you have to install drivers first without connecting the tablet, then your tablet must be powered off and plugged to PC.

you need to start flashing before the tablet boots, so the software can block the boot process.

• MuchWow

Aha. But where can i find drivers? And can you PM that site for unbrick because i found some sites but i don't know if i can trust it Smiley Very Happy 

I'am so sorry man for taking your time but i really need it. Thank you man!

• MuchWow

Thank you man! I done it! I would never guess that this problem could be solved with unbricking it!

• IronFly

You welcome Smiley Very Happy