USB Connection On ACER Iconia A3-A10...

MorningBird2010
MorningBird2010 Member Posts: 15 New User

Also, my ACER Iconia A3-A10 when connected to PC does not charge like when I connect my phone to the PC...why?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It's not quite that bad. It will likely charge, just ata reduced rate. The more you are using the tablet while plugged in, the slower it will charge. So, if you're going to be using it only a little, you're probably better off to turn it off and let it charge at the higher rate. If you're going to be actively using it, just make sure to be aware you're not going to gain much, but aren't likely to run out of juice before you're done with your task.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

A USB 2.0 slot on a computer provides 500mA of power (2.5 watts). The charger for your tablet provides 2A (10 watts) of power. You'll find that plugging itinto a computer USB will allow it to break even on power usage, but not gain much unless yu shut things down and let the charge build slowly.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MorningBird2010
    MorningBird2010 Member Posts: 15 New User

So for clarity, in order for it to charge I will need to shut it down when it's connected to the PC?

• billsey
    Answer ✓

It's not quite that bad. It will likely charge, just ata reduced rate. The more you are using the tablet while plugged in, the slower it will charge. So, if you're going to be using it only a little, you're probably better off to turn it off and let it charge at the higher rate. If you're going to be actively using it, just make sure to be aware you're not going to gain much, but aren't likely to run out of juice before you're done with your task.

This discussion has been closed.