Trying to figure out how to move applications from internal memory to SD card on A200 Tablet.

kerndigg
kerndigg Member Posts: 4 New User

Brand new to this forum. I have been trying  for long time to move some applications from internal memory to 32gb SD card on my A200 tablet. Don't have same tools as my smart phone. Can anone help? trying to free up some internal memory. Very frustrated.

Kerndigg

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Apps can't be saved to the SD card, only files. If you want to save files down, you will need a file manager.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Apps can't be saved to the SD card, only files. If you want to save files down, you will need a file manager.

• kerndigg

Is there a recommended file manager? Also, is there a process for perfoming this (file movement) posted somewhere on the web for the A200? I realize this sounds rather basic but, I could use the little bit of help.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i suggest you, Estrong file manager, it's free and very good:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

it's easy to move files, you need just to select them, click on option and select "move to" and choose where to move the files.

you can find some tutorials on YouTube too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • c5mech
    c5mech Member Posts: 5 New User
    You can go to settings and scroll down to "apps". Tap to open and the apps will come up. Tap each app to open and there should be a " move to SD card" button. If the app can be moved, it will be highlighted. If not, it'll be grayed out.
  • kerndigg

that works on a smart phone. The tablet does not have that option with the apps.