Tablet won't turn on

choiyuk96
choiyuk96 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi,

I have an Iconia Tab tablet Model A200.  I charged my tablet for over 12 hours.  I also pluged it in.  But it won't turn on.  What am I doing wrong?  Ths is my first tablet.  I have no instruction booklet.  Please help.

Amy

Best Answer

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Sometimes you need to hold the power button for up to 10 seconds. Just keep it held down until it vibrates. If that does not work, call tech support.

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Sometimes you need to hold the power button for up to 10 seconds. Just keep it held down until it vibrates. If that does not work, call tech support.

• choiyuk96
    choiyuk96 Member Posts: 8 New User

It worked.  Thank y ou.

Amy

• BrendaGonzales
    BrendaGonzales Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a new Acer with no instructions how do I turn it on
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

BrendaGonzales wrote:
    I have a new Acer with no instructions how do I turn it on

Push an hold the power button for a couple of seconds. You should feel a vibration and see the Acer logo on the screen when it turns on. If you don't, make sure you're fully charged first (the charge LED should turn blue when fully charged).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Member Posts: 71 New User

wasjust cruising the discussions. Discovered the solution to my problem My Iconaia A1-830 would not turn on or charge. An individual stated that sometimes  the power button has to be held down for up to 10 seconds. It worked, why is this, anyone with some imput. Is this a problem, that could lead to or reflect other problems....Thank you for any imput, Philip

• Member Posts: 71 New User

Smiley LOLJust came across this threadd and the 10 second hold worked!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Normally when you click the power button it doesn't actually turn the tablet off. Instead it just puts it to sleep in a very low power mode. That allows it to wake up quickly on another power button press. When you press and hold the power button for ten seconds it forces an actual power off. Pressing the button after the forced power off has it boot up from scratch, which will often allow you to clear out problems that can accumulate over time. Sleep/Awaken is much more likely to leave the problems there. If you find yourself with this type of problem often (say once a week or so) then you may want to do some diagnostics to figure out what's causing it. Most likely it'll be one of your apps (even one that you aren't actually using, since they often have background tasks running anyway) and you can determine which by uninstalling all of them then adding them back in in small doses until the problem reappears. Needless to say this will take a long time to test if you have lots of apps in your arsenal, but it might be better than living with a forced restart every few days.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.