Android Tablets

Topic

Visitor
Missapple

Re: Not able to connect my Acer Iconia B1-A71 table to my PC

I did the debugging thing, it installed the driver but it still wont let me move my pdfs from my pc to the tab. It will only let me transfer pictures n music. Arrrrggghhhh this is sooooo annoying...someone please help me!!!
Visitor
Rajalad

Try switching the USB connection mode from Camera (PTP) to Media device (MTP).

Visitor
apaij89

I've similar problems with my device.
But in my device the view with the mode selection doesn't appear.
The device is identified by win7.
How do I open this mode view?

Visitor
mantenqa

Visitor
eyemdee

After reading the debugging instructions I have finally managed to successfully install the B1-A71 USB driver to my Windows XP PC. For anyone still having problems, the steps I took are as follows:

Download the driver from the Acer support page, save and extract it to your PC.

Connect the B1-A71 to the PC USB port and cancel the New Hardware Found message.

Switch on the tablet and again cancel any hardware messages on the PC.

Follow the instructions in the MTP&PTP_Swap_SOP pdf document included with the driver to ensure that the tablet is connected in MTP mode.

On the tablet, in Settings>SYSTEM select {}Developer options and switch from OFF to ON and OK the warning message.

Select USB debugging and OK the warning message which will switch debugging on.

Now install the driver from the PC using the Setup option and it should complete successfully.

Remember to switch the USB debugging and Development options back off on the tablet.

The driver should show in Windows installed programs if installed correctly. If the tablet is connected to the PC when switched off there will be an MT-65 preloader message which can just be cancelled as the driver will load correctly when the tablet is switched on.

Simples!

Pity none of this is mentioned in the instructions.

Visitor
srinivasan1947

sir,

Not able to connect my Acer Iconia B1-A71 table to my PC even i have unload and installed the USB _Acer_1.0_A413_A

Plese reply, Yours,

Srinivasan

Visitor
Rajalad

What have you tried so far?

Visitor
Torlus

I came across the same issue, and here is what I did :

- in a command shell, go to the drivers' folder and run "setup /A". It will prompt for a directory to extract its contents.

- in this directory, you will find a "CommonAppData" folder, in which you'll find some "WinXYY" directories, X standing for Windows version (7 or 8) and YY for 32-bit or 64-bit.

- run a command shell again, this time with Administrator privileges, go to the directory matching your windows installation, and run "pnputil -i -a ADB_android_winusb.inf"

And everything worked fine since (tested on W7 64-bit).

Hope this helps,

Greg

Visitor
khyle

i dn't work to my device

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: