No matter what screen I'm on, keep getting message "Acer Portal Has Stopped". Help??

peggie
peggie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

No matter what screen I'm on or whether I'm typing a message or posting something, a message pops up saying "Acer Portal Has Stopped". It gives me the option to "report", which I have now done twice, or to press "okay", which I have done several times. As soon as I press okay, it lets me continue what I'm doing for a minute or two, then pops up with that message again. What does this message mean and how do I get rid of it. I've only had the Acer Iconia A1-810 about a week and this is the first problem thats come up. I have full battery, have not overloaded the tablet with "stuff", have recently installed the new KitKat update and have now turned off the tablet & turned back on a few times. Still keeps happening. HELP!

UPDATE!  Well, I tried again-turned off the Acer, waited a few minutes, turned it back on & so far, so good, have not seen that message popping up again. If anyone can still tell me what it was for and what to do the next time I'd appreciate it.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.