My wi-fi drops consistently on my Acer Tabet B1-720. Working fine in the for the first year I had.

Marco17Polo
Marco17Polo Member Posts: 4 New User

Wi-fi on tablet will not stay connected,  I have to shut down to reconnect but after 15 minute it disconnected,  Tried forgetting network and entering password again,,,,,, same problem,  Please help!!!

Best Answer

• Marco17Polo
    Answer ✓

Thanks   I will try that and monitor ------ will let u know if it works.......

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it drops even with screen active or just when the screen goes off?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Marco17Polo

It drops when I am using it, the screen is active and I will go to a site stay on for abut 15 to 30 minutes then it drops again.  the cycle continues  -----  Trying not to have to do a reset to default cause it  might not work either.  

Thanks  if you csn assist.

• IronFly

can you check if under settings/wifi you have any advanced settings for wifi?

you may need to tap the screen top right 3 dots if you have it, or the settings button in the bottom of your screen (it's a long press on the multithread button, 2 rectangles)

if "advanced" appears, tap it and uncheck "wifi optimization" and retry.

i'm guessing about this option, since i don't have the B1 in my hands.

• Marco17Polo
    Answer ✓

Thanks   I will try that and monitor ------ will let u know if it works.......

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter

Its not because your device is already aged. I think someone did wrong on your wifi settings. Smiley Happy

• Marco17Polo

It worked!!!!!!   Thanks

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy