My Acer Iconia Tab A500 wont charge,Why is that?

kwakwa
kwakwa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Answers

• kiwipeso
    kiwipeso Member Posts: 82

Tinkerer

They are prone to not charge when a bit of dust, fluff or dirt is present.

Turn it off, hold it charging port down, then blow into it, then clean with a safety pin.

Then do the same with the charger when it is unplugged.

• ironman63017
    ironman63017 Member Posts: 2 New User

I just received my a500 without anything but the charger and it does not charge. Help! I can't use the device as it auto turns off.

• ironman63017
    ironman63017 Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried that but nothing. I also tried charging thru microusb but again nothing.

• kiwipeso

Tinkerer

It doesn't charge by microUSB at all. It only charges by the charging port.

• cantupete3
    cantupete3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem, but it seems like at some point the charger plug that goes inside charging port starts getting too small for the port, in other words I wonder if the port becomes wider or loose overtime. Try "wiggling" the plug inside the port and see if at some point the little battery icon at the right bottom corner seems to get any charge. My make false contact because of the situation I just explained.
  • wovenlander
    wovenlander Member Posts: 2 New User

Same problem here, with an A700 -- I am now completely unable to charge it. 

Jiggling the microUSB connector would sometimes biring it back, but it has been increasingly difficult to get it to stay in charging mode, and now it's not working at all.

I've tried blowing out dust, makes no difference. It seems clear that this is a mechanical fault of some kind. There's no evidence of damage to the charger cable.

What do I need to do? I can't use the tablet until this is fixed.

TIA,

Nick

Vancouver, BC

• kiwipeso

Tinkerer

Best bet is to Get the car charger for it, which is what worked for my 500.

• latinafire7287
    latinafire7287 Member Posts: 1 New User

I thought my tablet was bricked. It wasn’t.
    I had notice that it wouldn’t let me do anything anymore. It stopped charging the battery. when it loaded to the home screen it just wouldn’t respond when you touch it. My thought was okay the battery is 3 years old and it’s probably bad. So I went out bought a battery and installed it. I let it charge overnight. When I got up the next day it still didn’t charge. I reopen the tablet and trace the power back to the battery. There wasn’t anything wrong. So I decide to fix the software then I will go back to look into the battery. I had to put the image software onto the SD card then force it to restore through the SD card(power and volume up will restore from SD card). Once I did that boom the battery started to charge again. So I really didn’t need to buy the battery in the first place. .
    So the moral of the story is fixed the OS first. Also make sure you rename the image fill in order to install the image that is on the SD card. I hope this helps other out because i never found anyone else with this same problem.

• elizabethmary17
    elizabethmary17 Member Posts: 1 New User

i have same problem i tried blowing  dust out and reset with pin but no luckMan Sad

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Do you have a link to the software image which you could post here, it may help others.

• kiwipeso

Tinkerer

Typically the software image is already in place, so if you have an issue, just reset from the pin and the OS image will run automatically.

• roadwarrior796

I understood that the poster had obtained another image which was transferred to the ex SD card for a hard reset..

• kiwipeso

Tinkerer

I would advise against using a software image unless you can absolutely trust the source of the image, and that you are completely sure you follow the instructions.

For what it's worth, it is not a good idea, as the better known and reputable sources of android roms don't have the a500/a501 in their collection.

• roadwarrior796

Given that a tablet which will not charge is basically unusable, can you suggest an alternative course of action ?

• kiwipeso

Tinkerer

As it has been determined that the charger plug size is too small by half a mm, it is a simple case of keeping the hole clean and making sure the the charger doesn't move.

You will find that the alternative is to use the car charger or the dock.

• Charity
    Charity Member Posts: 2 New User

have you found a method to charge the A500?  My Dad got one in November.  He couldn't get it to hold a charge.  We agreed to work on it during Thanksgiving break.  One issue, he was in an accident and died.  Now, I am ready to figure this out. 

If not already an emotional mess, the stress from trying everything listed on here in addition to buying two new chargers is stressing me out.  Open for suggestions on how to charge the tablet.  Thanks.

• josh1234321
    josh1234321 Member Posts: 4 New User

i litteraly have 3% battery left and cant cjarge my acer tab. ima try and reyurn it and buy a different kind of tablet un less anyone can help me and fast. it wont charge and keeps blinking white ive spent three hours trying to get it to charge. 

• josh1234321

mine wont charhe for my a200 any solutions cuz i only have 3% battery left

• josh1234321
    Ne too I need help fast pkz. 3% BATTERY left.
  • josh1234321
    I need help because my A200 wont charge and it is about to die. It is two years old. Sometimes when i wobble the charger around it ll change for a sec but than blink white. What should i do.I cant return it because the warranty is over. Its not been working for months now.I need help fast. Anyone know what i should try. Because i need some help. I tried blowing into the charger place but doesnt wotk. Do you think it could be the charger it self. I spend hours at a time just to get it to charge with no success. Any advice.