My A500 problems, going to need a tech for this one...

PiperTJW
PiperTJW Member Posts: 8 New User

OK,

So I have a A500 updated this last summer to 4.0.3 and all has been well up to about 3 weeks ago.  The problem is that when I turn it off, then turn it on, it boots normally and I can swipe it open and get to the main screen and watch Gmail load and my weather load, but usually within 10-20 seconds it may or may not work.

I can't seem to locate the issue as an App (and nothing new was added in this time), or a problem with the GPS as I have it turned off and it still may happen.  I use the Android Info App and can watch the CPU running between 40-60% and all is well and then it spikes to 100% and stays there, the longest I have let it run is about 10 minutes without change.

It doesn't happen every time so it is hit and miss if I have to turn it off and on 3 times, 5 times, 10 times, but usually between 4 and 6 times I can get it to boot up and open up and the problem doesn't happen and I can play on it without issue for as long as I want it seems.

This will also happen if I let it go to sleep, sometimes, just to be clear.

I BELIEVE it has something to do with the WiFi as when it goes out to lunch, my WiFi gets dropped and in settings it is stuck on "turning off WiFi" and I turn the WiFi back on.  The other day, I had the bright idea to put the tablet in AIRPLANE mode before shutting it down.  When I turned it on later, and turned the AIRPLANE mode off, it worked fine and I thought I had a fix.  This morning though, I turned the AIRPLANE mode off and the WiFi came up and all seemed well, but a couple seconds later it was unresponsive, the WiFi was in shutdown freeze and the CPU was maxed at 100%.

I think that is all the details about the WHOLE issue, any ideas?

Answers

This discussion has been closed.