Issue for upgrade Android - Acer A100

lgargano
lgargano Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello,

I have a tablet A100, running Andriod 4.0.3. I would like to upgrade, but I am in facing some issues.

I tried: 

SETTINGS / ABOUT TABLET / SYSTEM UPDATE / CHECK NOW 

I got the error message below:

Network Coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with coverage to continue.

But it is not, at 100%, and all other network functions work fine.

OK, so I decided try to follow this procedure from Acert Support site: 

How to install an Android OS from a microSD card (http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29931/~/how-to-install-an-android-os-from-a-microsd-card)

But now I am facing a new issue: 

I could did boot on  tablet with a special button sequence, it worked, but when I get the step 12 for try to choose option to apply update from external storage the Power button didn't work, simply I press this button and nothing happing.

Please, anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance

Leonardo

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

I don't think Acer has ever released a newer OS for the A100 than 4.0.3. The error message is from the servers actually no longer being there. They pulled the update servers for these old models some time ago, and the software assumes there is some sort of network problem if it can't contact the server. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lgargano

Thanks for your answer!!

But it is a bad news Smiley Sad

I mean: if Acer don't have Android new version for my tablet A100, I can't run a lot of apps, because a lot of apps are not support for example: Minecraft - my son upgraded Minecraft PE to 0.15.0.1 and now doesn't open.

If is it true, I am disapointed with Acer.

So bad.

Leonardo.

• billsey

What you will find is that usually when an app stops supporting an older OS, it also means the app stops supporting the older hardware. No solution for that other than not using the troublesome app or buying newer hardware.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lgargano
    Thanks billsey for your awnser
    I got your point, replace the tablet seems the best solution here.
    Just for my curiosity, have you ever seem the another issue that I posted too?

This is about a tentative for upgrade android using a micro SD card, I did boot on tablet with a special button sequence, it worked, but when I get the step 12 for try to choose option to apply update from external storage the Power button didn't work, simply I press this button and nothing happing.

Thanks
  • billsey

When you get to that step it's going to look in the root of the SD card for a file called 'update.zip' and then check to make sure the file is the correct one for your tablet. If it doesn't find the file or it finds the wrong one it shouldn't give you the option to choose to continue.

• lgargano

Thanks billsey for your awnser.

I will download anothers options for this update.zip.

I will let you know about the results.

Thanks again.

Leonardo.

• lgargano

Hello billsey
    I did download of all files on link below, these are from my tablet A100:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29931/~/how-to-install-an-android-os-from-a-microsd-card#_ga=1.58629356.751223406.1469738807

OS_Acer_2.013.02.RV02RC01.PA.CUS1_A40I_A.zip
    OS_Acer_2.013.03.RV02RC01.PA.CA_A40I_A.zip
    OS_Acer_2.013.06.041.215.01.TWN.GEN1_A40I_A.zip
    OS_Acer_RV02RC01.RV16RC02.WW.GEN1_A40I_A.zip
    OS_Acer_RV02RC01.RV22RC02.PA.CUS1_A40I_A.zip

I've unzip each file and save in my SD card, one by one, but didn't work.

I could select the option "apply update from external storage" and Power button didn't work, simply I press this button and nothing happing. I used the 5 files available for download on acer website.

acer.JPG

• billsey

OK, the error messages says it was unable to mount the SD card. How is it formatted? If NTFS or exFAT I don't think it will work, only FAT32 will.

• john331v
    john331v Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem. This happen one day from just a reboot. This model I realized it had serious problem it was meant to be recalled. I have it there stack in logo. Ti gives me the same error when I am trying to enter stock recovery I can go up and down but when I press power to select nothing happens. Worst tablet ever and worst support. If you Google the case you will agree. Although it is a bad product when asked aser to replace they asked 400 to fix the issue. Their mistake and they benefit from that. 

So I can't select any action in recovery

Even with the drivers Pc can't recognise it. 

Can't enter fastboot to apply recovery

Can't flash a rom

So if you find a solution send me a letter as they say here.

Support support where are you?