Is the Acer A500 getting the new 4.1 jelly bean update ?

outcast
outcast Member Posts: 1 New User

Im trying to find out if AcerA500 is going to get the new Jelly Bean update, i mean i dont see why not but i wouldlike to know if its going to happen .

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew

Acer does not plan to update the A500 to Jelly Bean.

• IconiaOwner12
    IconiaOwner12 Member Posts: 1 New User

Wow.

Didn't know that screwing your customers was a part of the Acer business model.

thanks for the 'support'. 

• nuppie
    nuppie Member Posts: 2 New User

Then I don't plan on purchasing any more Acer products.

• jond777
    jond777 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I own 2 a500"s and an a200, I wish I never would have bought them now ..
    I'm selling them and buying Samsung !!!!!!!
  • dan12039
    dan12039 Member Posts: 2 New User

completely unacceptable...acer is not a good company....very very poor...even the asus tf101 the first transformer will be updated to jelly bean...guess when all the owners of a500 upgrade to a different brand they'll wake up

• ksevern
    ksevern Member Posts: 2 New User
    I talked my boss into buying these for the office and feel like a chump.
  • ksevern
    ksevern Member Posts: 2 New User
    Boo to Acer
  • Svartalf
    Svartalf Member Posts: 2 New User

Shame, really.  The A500 was one of the best tablets when you rolled it out...and you've fumbled things each step of the way, from locking it down tight to not providing Android 4.1.x or later.

If this is beyond limits, I'd hate to think what the limits are...

• Svartalf
    Svartalf Member Posts: 2 New User

RE Buying Samsung: I'll probably consider ASUS.  They're the most open and the most forward thinking of the bunch in the Android tablet space.

To Acer: If you're upset about me talking about the competition in your forums, you should contemplate the why of what I'm doing.  I used to tell people this was a good choice.  But, with the expensive, limited docking station (What?  No HDMI out of it? That's CLUMSY!), the missed timelines on firmware, etc. you're more the non-play these days.

• tpointon
    tpointon Member Posts: 1 New User

Last time I'll ever buy an Acer product, nor recommend to anyone else.

• simuloid
    simuloid Member Posts: 1 New User
    At least we got an answer. Yes, a disappointing answer, but an answer.
  • Jaber
    Jaber Member Posts: 1 New User

This is disappointing news. My A500 is barely a year old, and it's already outdated. 

You know, we lay out good money for these things and trust that they'll be kept updated for a reasonable amount of time.  I feel a little cheated.  I love this little tablet, and I like Acer's hardware.  But questionable support will be a pretty big dealbreaker when it comes to making/recommending future purchases.

• rbgiantfan
    rbgiantfan Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm thoroughly disgusted with this, which is why I'm resurrecting this thread.  I can't believe my wife's iconia a500 has no future upgrade. I'm glad I bought an ASUS TF701 for me this year.  It rocks!  Beautiful screen and super high performance.  It came with JellyBean but has already updated to Kitkat.

I used to be a big fan of acer's.  We own 2 acer laptops as well as our iconia tablet.  I often suggested acer to friends when they were thinking of buying a PC, laptop or tablet.  This "end of the road" for the a500 is the end of me buying acer products.

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I agree 100%, I'm moving on from Acer too, their lack of concern over this and other issues means I'll now not buy nor recommend Acer anymore.

This discussion has been closed.