Iconia tab 10 a3-a40 wont wake after deep sleep (power saving mode) !!

2»

Answers

• VtrIta
    VtrIta Member Posts: 4 New User

I got my tablet back from service (2nd time). Issues are still there: standby blocked and green screen. Sending the product to be repair is not worth. I am done with ACER.

• kbear
    kbear Member Posts: 1 New User

Wow it's April and Acer has done nothing to fix this.  Same issue here -- tablet hangs and battery is drained when asleep for some time.  Have to long press power button for several seconds to get it to reboot.  Turning off gps (location services I guess) did not work for me.  Will try turning off EZ Wakeup to see if that works and report back.

All this time and no fixes.  No Nougat.  Nothing.

Call me a fool for buying this Acer.  I did not learn from my previous bad experience with another Acer product.

• lh2312
    lh2312 Member Posts: 6 New User

Exactly. I have found in the meantime that switching off location services reduces the effect but does not cure it completely.

After I contacted Acer support here in Germany their only advice was to completely reset the tablet tomfactory state. Nice move.

I did this several times and it only cured the symptoms for a short period of time. What was surprising for me was the attitude of the support guy on the phone. He sounded quite aggressive and annoyed, he had obviously numerous calls because of that specific bug!

This willbe my last Acer tablet, since Acer is either incapable or unwilling to support their customers with this problem. My only hope is this might be remedied if eventually Android 7 will be  available for the Tab 10 - but I doubt that.