Iconia one 10 B3-A20 hard reset

Deathmachine
Deathmachine Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I hard reseted my iconia one 10 B3-A20 and then rebooted the device, everything was fine until it took hours on the starting apps page and never loaded to the home screen. how do I fix this?

I love the Acer community and I don't want get another device.

Answers

• Deathmachine

Here's what I'm talking about20160721_004413.jpg

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try to reflash the OS using a microSD card:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_AV0L0.B3-A20.RV03RC06.WW.GEN1_A51L_A.zip?acerid=635941413089162967&Step1=TABLET&Step2=ICONIA%20ONE%2010&Step3=B3-A20&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

you need to enter recovery and choose to apply update using SD card.

please notice: sometimes the zip file needed to re-install the OS is inside the downloaded zip, sometimes is the zip downloaded itself.

give it a try.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Deathmachine

I don't really understand what you're talking about because nothing related to this ever occurred to me. if you are able would you please get more into details and give me an instructional step by step.

• Deathmachine
    Are you going to be able to help me? I would really appreciate it manSmiley Happy
  • IronFly

download the suggested file

copy to a microSD card and insert the microSD on your tablet

follow this instruction to enter recovery

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/acer/acer-b3-a20-iconia-one-10/

once in recovery choose to apply update from SD card

follow on screen instructions and then reboot your device

• Deathmachine

Where do I download the file on?

• Deathmachine

Is this the only solution to the problem?

• IronFly

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_AV0L0.B3-A20.RV03RC06.WW.GEN1_A51L_A.zip?acerid=635941413089162967&Step1=TABLET&Step2=ICONIA%20ONE%2010&Step3=B3-A20&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

file to download.

i think it's the only quick solution, if you are under warranty and don't mind about time...give Acer support service a call.

• Deathmachine

Do I download the file onto the SDcard?

• IronFly

Yes

• Deathmachine

How

• IronFly

i can't tell you how, since i don't know if you have a computer, a microSD to SD adapter, a SD reader and so on...

• mike1647
    mike1647 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I'm new here and needing help. My B3-A20 tablet has done a hard reset by itself or something similar. It boots up to the sign in to Google screen but does not recognize my account login. It just keeps looping back to the sign in. I have downloaded the OS and I have a SD card to put it on. My question is, what is the restore procedure? Their was not a instruction file in the zip. Do I put the unzipped files onto the card, insert the card, and it will recognize the card and start the process? Thanks in advance.

• IronFly

no, you need to enter recovery and then select to update using zip file.

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/acer/acer-b3-a20-iconia-one-10/recovery-mode/

• mike1647
    mike1647 Member Posts: 2 New User

I found that finally. I think what my issue is is that Google has this tablet listed as a device but they are not letting me sign in to Google on restart. Looking at my Google devices it shows the Acer as well as two new devices which I believe are duplicate instances of this tablet.

• PeteVfi
    PeteVfi Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi!

A problem occured with both the hard reset and recovery mode, they will lead to the same chinese menu, not an english one!

What to do? Or, how to change this menu language? Without being able reading any single chinese symbol ...

• IronFly

if you are still in the chinese menu, move down with volume down, select the last option and press power or volume up.

• PeteVfi
    PeteVfi Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks IronFly for your answer.

OK, my case was already cleared by itself ... after some overnight rest, the tablet did wake-up normally!

But, for possible future use, please, tell, what happens, if doing according to your hint.

What in the chinse menu is the last row text in english, and, will the menu then be changed into english, or what?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

• comarc
    comarc Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi!

I have an Iconia one 10 B3-A20 and after resetting to factory default it asks for google account.

Unfortunatelly the tablet was initally setup with a new google account an I cannot remember email or password.

I tried to hard reset/reflash but nothing works.

Anyone has an ideea on how can I get rid of the "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device" message?

Thank you!

• comarc
    comarc Member Posts: 4 New User

Tried all my accounts. None works. Seems I have bought the wrong tablet.

Is frustrating that Acer keeps me locked to an account.

When I have bought this tablet nobody told me that will be locked to a Google account. I haven't payed for this.

Last time when I buy Acer tablet.