Iconia Tablets - Android 4.4 KitKat

wowA700
wowA700 Member Posts: 1 New User

May I know when  acer tech dept start to provide kitkat 4.4 update available to all iconia tablet a700 and a500 lines

Answers

• pidzse
    pidzse Member Posts: 4 New User

When it comes to the update has been performed?

It is outrageous that we have more than a year to come update!

I will not take more Acer product! You are very slow horrible!

• rjoz
    rjoz Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I would really like to have a KitKat update for my Iconia B1-A71. It has only 512MB of ram and could really use the low memory optimisations Man Happy

• inuya5ha
    inuya5ha Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter

Dream on... haha. I already lost all hope with Acer.

I recently acquired the Iconia B1 (launched on february this year, still present on the Acer homepage) and now I find out that I'll be stuck with the obsolete and buggy Android 4.1.2 forever. That's just great.

It seems the objective from the Acer board for this year was to ensure that all their tablet customers regret their choice for the rest of their lives. Well, I admit that in that task they have succeeded. I made a mistake with Acer but it won't happen again.

• pidzse

PLEASE Answer the question! When it comes out, the update acer a700? And which one? KitKat or not?

• inuya5ha

Yes I also want to know when the upgrade will be available.

Does anyone at Acer realize that an obsolete operating system is a real problem for the most demanding users? And that Nexus tablets got Android 4.4 months ago already?

• DannyK
    DannyK Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Acer will not update our tablets with Android 4.4. You can read about this here. They do not care about current users, because we already bought tablets. This year they will realese a new model(s) and they will catch others in the same trap. 

• pidzse

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/530849/20131218/new-android-4-kitkat-upgrade-list-device.htm#.UsVAg_TuKao

Acer Android tablets from the previous two years are not receiving any KitKat updates. Updates with bug fixes and improvements may still continue.

I NEVER again buy Acer product!  Shame on yourselves!

• Jaycappo
    Jaycappo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would also like to no wen an update for Acer b1-711
  • DannyK

Tinkerer

Jaycappo wrote:
    I would also like to no wen an update for Acer b1-711

I guess, never.

• rjoz

Tinkerer

I know that online petitions are not allowed in the Acer community guidelines. However, I would encourage all Acer Android tablet owners to do what they can to encourage Acer to change their minds regarding the lack of OS upgradability :-)

I believe this would be to Acer's benefit as well as it would enhance the Acer brand.

I really like my B1-A71. It's been great for the price, but it could be much better.

• DannyK

Tinkerer

I think as a (ex)customers we can't do much. The only option is to add "Kudos" to this Idea so people please start clicking. They can't ignore us!!!

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

You could also get on to their Facebook page and make your feelings known, most companies care about their Facebook profiles.

• DannyK

Tinkerer

I do not have Facebook account, however everywhere where is possible I am leaving honest review about my tablet and about system updates from Acer.

• inuya5ha

I agree wih DannyK. The "idea" of upgrading to Android 4.4 must be supported urgently.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Ideas/Firmware-and-upgrades/idi-p/179477

• cli
    cli Member Posts: 2 New User

Perhaps a quick reply here with your tablet's model name will let Acer realize the customers they are neglecting. Just a thought at making a louder statement to Acer. 

• schrott
    schrott Member Posts: 1 New User

I can hardly believe what I get to read here. So you buy an acer product with an OS that barely does what it is supposed to do and if there is a better version available after a few months, you're supposed to throw your tablet away and buy a new one? Never ever again Man Mad

• rjoz

Tinkerer

Another option for Acer would be to work more with the free and open source community to allow users to do upgrades themselves. Smiley Happy

Acer B1-A71 - Android 4.1.2

• gerhard1
    gerhard1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Im very sorry no more acers for me i want kitkat ,, i like to be up to date with updates but you guys are pathetic no one must buy youre products

• brian_link
    brian_link Member Posts: 1 New User

I posted on that Ideas thread a few months ago, and NOTHING has happened (I would've been content with them just releasing 4.4 and not anyof the extra firmware that others were asking for). I was checking up on it today as my wife is needing a new laptop, and I was wondering if I should consider Acer anymore. As nothing has changed, they've lost a laptop sale.

This discussion has been closed.