Iconia One B1-730 OS Version Android 4.4.2 - can I get Gallery to access Pictures on micro-SD card?

jsdawes
jsdawes Member Posts: 4 New User

I would like to store my Pictures and music files on the external micro-SD card (SD 1) rather than the simulated storage (SD 0).

However I can't figure out how to make the Gallery app acess this file. Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the galley app normally display all image files inside a SD card.

by the way you can set the Camera application to use the SD card, just start the camera app and on settings select as default storage the external SD card.

inside the SD the card you will find a folder called DCIM/camera, you can copy your images here or create a root folder called "Pictures" and copy your pictures here.

gallery must be able to display it.

about music, create a folder labeled "Music" on your SD and this will be available on music player.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jsdawes

Thanks, your answer wasn't the complete solution but it did get me pointed in the right direction for Pictures in Gallery.

Still working on Music. I can't figure out where my Playlists are being stored. i expect I'll find them eventually :-)

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jsdawes

Thanks for the suggestion. I've already looked at Google Play but it seems to require using the Gogle cloud and I just want to load my music on my tablet and play it offline. I think I've figured out how to do that with the ES music player. So far I have one album loaded. Now I'll add another and see if I can choose ... one step at a time.