Android Tablets

Topic

Jcm1363
Accepted Solution

Iconia B1 how do I move apps to SD Card

I have a 16g micro SD card in my sons B1 but cannot move apps to it, downloaded apps2sd but it says it will not work with this device. Also copied a photo onto the sd card on the pc but when I put the card back in the B1 the photo shows on the internal storage and the sd card shows as empty....help needed please
Established Contributor
roadwarrior796

Re: Iconia B1 how do I move apps to SD Card

If your device is Jelly Bean 4.2 it's not possible to move apps to ex SD, this feature was removed from 4.2 you can do it with ICS and 4.1, 4.3 and 4.4. it may be remedied with a firmware update in the future, there is a thread about this on the forum. When you transferred your photo to the SD card in the PC did you check that the PIC was on the card before removing, did you check that the sliding lock on the card adapter was open ?

Jcm1363

Thanks for the reply , its 4.1 and I could see the pic on the sd card on my PC , but when I look at the card when its in the B1 it's empty.....
Established Contributor
roadwarrior796

[ Edited ]

Suggest you check the SD card through My Computer, I have a 4.1 jb tablet and can, using All in One Toolbox, move apps to my external SD card, the problem is that when companies, Acer, Toshiba, Samsung, whatever, design a tablet, they very seldom put the "stock" version of the Android system in their tablets, preferring to "tweak" it to their own requirements. That is why the same version of jb works differently in different devices. One more thought on your photo issue, when you looked for it on the tablet, did you use a file manager such as ES File Manager to look for it ?

Jcm1363

I can see the pic on the external card now, but I still cannot move games,when I look in the Astro file manager, I can see sdcard0 and sdcard1
Established Contributor
roadwarrior796

It's a pity you are using Astro it seems more of a faff than the other managers but I've downloaded it and used it to transfer from internal SD (0) to ex SD (1) I opened internal SD, located the file, in this case a screenshot, long touch to highlight, on the left choose "copy", then from the list on the left select ex SD then choose "paste", strangely enough the "move" option would not work but copy did, this is on a JB 4.2 device.

Jcm1363

That's worked , thanks very much for your help...
Established Contributor
roadwarrior796

No worries, glad you got it sorted out :-)

Frequent Visitor
tfdjr

I have a B1 just got it. Tried both astro and toolbox and still cannot move apps. the Toolbox says this option is not available. Do you have an other suggestions? Could it be a problem with the SD card itself (one app2SD said it was formatted for a phone but there is nothing on it at this time. It was origionally in my Samsung galaxy phone. It does not work but I was trying it out anyway). Any thoughts would help.

Tom

Established Contributor
roadwarrior796

Tom, check my message 2 above, moving apps to SD is not possible with most versions of Jelly Bean 4.2, it was possible with JB 4.1 and I understand it's possible with 4.3/4.4, any other files can be moved to EX SD but not apps.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: