Iconia A500 - out of warranty repair

rajaramani
rajaramani Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Iconia A500 and it was working very well until recently when it stopped.  It would boot to the "Acer" logo and go no further. I left it like that all day with no result.

Last time this happened in 2013:

i flashed it with a rom i found online and the tab started working. 

This time

I tried 6 or 8 different roms; all booted only partially.  Now the tab doesn't seem to come on at all; that is the screen stays dark. The light on the power button comes on and I can turn it off by holding for 10 seconds and turn it on again.

Please help. I really like the tablet and dont want to throw it away. 

Thanks

Answers

• Hi,

As you mentioned that you installed a ROM from Internet, may i know was that a Stock ROM or a custom ROM, either ways the ROM is corrupt, have you tried to get to recovery & to Wipe cache & Dalvik cache or Tried to Wipe data factory reset?
  • rajaramani
    rajaramani Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have tried it all. The tablet does not even turn on any more. The power button light comes on and thats it. I read this same issue with another person on another out of warranty thread. Not sure if this was resolved at all.
  • If you installed custom ROM. If I'm not wrong you 'd have installed custom recovery. If yes using a he volume keys could try to get to recovery. If still does not help then you can contact support for repair if you wish to pay.