How do I install the USB driver for the A110 TAB on my PC? Where is the Setup command?

DCC_Toronto
DCC_Toronto Member Posts: 3 New User

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

The installation file is a Windows file, exe file. You install the driver like installing any other  driver. Download the driver from the below link. Its 23.1mb in size.

http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=4474

Regards,

Freeza

• DCC_Toronto
    DCC_Toronto Member Posts: 3 New User
    The problem I have is that there is no .exe file that I can find. I checked the USB Driver for the Acer A100 tablet, and it has an installation file. The USB Driver for the Acer A110 tablet does not have an installation file that I can find.
  • nickgouthro
    nickgouthro Member Posts: 3 New User

There is no .exe for the drivers in question.

To install the driver for the Iconia Tab A110, download the driver from http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=4474, unzip to your C: drive (or whatever letter is assined to your main (System) drive

Right click on "Computer" in the start menu for windows 7, "My Computer" on your desktop for Windows XP, and select "Manage". 

Go to "Device Manager" with your A110 connected to your computer with the USB cable, find the Tablet in "Device Manager" and right click on it. 

Select "Update Driver" and choose the "Browse Computer" option.  Point it at the folder you unziped to your C: drive.  Windows should do the rest.

Hope this helped.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• Tarpon
    Tarpon Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks for the assistance. My problem is that I can not find the A110 in the devices list. Is it possible for you tot tell me where it would be? Also, I have Vista OS on a 64 bit HP pavillion notebook.

Thanks again,

Tarpon

• tutorent
    tutorent Member Posts: 2 New User

I have done all this twice and only get an error message. I have downloaded the only driver on the acer website twice.

• tutorent
    tutorent Member Posts: 2 New User

Error message: 
    "Windows encountered an error while attempting to install the driver software. Acer MTP

"A service installation section in this INF is invalid."  Sounds like a software glitch in your driver.

• mhorlick
    mhorlick Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Has anyone resolved the issue?

"A service installation section in this INF is invalid." 

I just downloaded the driver for my new A110 tablet and am getting the same message

Thanks,

Mike

This discussion has been closed.