Home Group problems a1-830 to win 8 laptop

BEDLAM
BEDLAM Member Posts: 4 New User

First off .... Hi Everyone. OK my problem is... I have a laptop (windows 8) connected to our WiFi network and I would like to connect to its home groupgroup so I can stream/view the movies/pictures/music on it... I have added ES file explorer to my apps and it recognised the home group and files BUT I still cannot access them... Error message: log in fails ; account has no permissions ...... Does anyone have a solution for this..... Please Help !!!!! Thanks

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You need to check the folders/files permission on your laptop and enable it for everyone or a single user with password.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You need to check the folders/files permission on your laptop and enable it for everyone or a single user with password.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • BEDLAM

Thank you I'll try that... I'll let you know if it works (fingers crossed)

• BEDLAM

How this was solved with the help of IronFly ...

Android has an app called ES explorer (which you can down load from play Store) which let's you connect to a windows group share folder. You must have WiFi turned on in your office or home and your tablet. The android app connects to your shared folders.

Step1 (COMPUTER)

To share files you need to set up home network....(on your computer)  if you dont have one set up...To do this go to networks .... Set up home group in control panel ......

Step 2 (COMPUTER)

Goto  file explorer (on computer)  and find drive or folders you wish to share. Right click on folder and go to properties click on share and then advance sharing and select shgsre with everyone or share with home group.

Step3 (TABLET)

Assuming you have ES Explorer as an app (if not download it now)

goto app tap on LAN tab...  Tap scan to view new networks when scan has finished firm press the network you want (mine shows as BinehamStudios1)and check box should be checked press edit server on bottom bar...a box should appear ... IP server should be in 2nd field... Unchecked anonymous.... Enter username and password in next fields.. Your user name and password are what you use to log on to your computer at start up (ie: johnsmith@live.com and the password) (windows 8)press OK and then you should be able to access all the network files you have .....you can play movies direct to your tablet....

• BEDLAM

Oh by the way... Just remember if laptop/Computer goes into sleep mode or is turned off you will lose connection to the home network.... I think most computers you can set up  "keep connection while in sleep mode" but the is different on all computers please check the manual for that set up.

This discussion has been closed.