Help to clear browser cache cookies and history

DONjoan-94
DONjoan-94 Member Posts: 5 New User

I need help with my A1-810 android tablet's ability to clear browser cache cookies and history so I will be able to remove sold out products on my wish list on a companies web site. Do I go through the icon that is pulled from top right corner or go to each of my two browsers, Chrome and Explorer to do this? Has anyone out there had this problem or knows how to clear these things so I can use the tablet properly? The folks at the contact center for Acer say because my 1 year warranty has run out, and I only still have my two year warranty the person at the contact center cannot tell me how to accomplish this! I told him to tell his boss that it is a very rude thing to not be able to get help directly from the Acer company on such an ability. It's not like I broke it and need it to be fixed! I only want to know how to do a procedure, it's very upsetting, sorry to vent, but I just wanted everyone to know in case they need help also. Thank you!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Settings/Apps

select All swiping to left

scroll down to browser, tap it, tap on clear data and clear cache

scroll down to chrome, tap it, tap on clear data and clear cache

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DONjoan-94
    DONjoan-94 Member Posts: 5 New User

My browser's data and cache are clear thanks to you, and I will definitely post a kudos for the info, but first I have a follow up question. Once I tapped the clear icons, in the settings/apps, it turned from white lettering to light gray, and has stayed that way on both Chrome and explorer. Do I now tap launch to make the clear cache and data lettering go back to the original color of white from the light gray which it turned after I first clicked them? Also, would you know how to clear this tablets temporary internet files? I will be very greatful, because at this point after clearing both the data and cache, I still am unable to click and remove the original "remove icon" from my wish page on a certain companies website! Removing the temporary internet files now will be the last thing that this particular company told me to try to make my removal possible, after informing me that everything on their end was working just fine, I certainly hope it will work, because I'm out of options!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,442 Trailblazer

I am not positive, but I believe they stay gray until there is more to clear...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

What Billsey said, they will return white when there is some data to clear.

as far as i know, clearing data and cache, clears everything, included temporary internet files; since it's like resetting both applications to factory defaults.

I'm not an Acer employee.