Android Tablets

Topic

jeffyboy

Can I replace the battery in my Iconia A100 tablet?

Can I replace the battery in my Iconia A100 tablet? :smileyfrustrated:

Acer Technician
Acer-Cory

Re: Can I replace the battery in my Iconia A100 tablet?

[ Edited ]

While Acer can't and wouldn't try to stop you from replacing your A100 battery, we do not support the activity or provide steps on how to do so.

Hopefully other community members can provide instructions and you may be able to find instructions from other resources online. If you do decide that you want to purchase a battery, I would suggest contacting our regional Acer store to see if the price and part availability makes it an option for you.

http://store.acer.com

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

jeffyboy

Not much support. I suppose Acer wants my tablet to be worthless junk in less than 2 years. I should have listened regarding Acer.
jeffyboy

[ Edited ]

Now I have to listen to my wife say, "I told you so." Problem is I really like the tablet, Works great, but only for about 18 months. Now its basically worthless. It works plugged in, but that is not what I bought it for.

I have come to the conclusion that what the tablet makers are doing re batteries should be illegal. They sell you a product that they know will not keep working. Telephones and computers come with batteries that can be easily replaced by the owner. Why not tablets?

Anybody have any thoughts?

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Occasional Contributor
exscentric

Not an indorsement, just a possible starting point if you want to try doing it yourself.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIaO2c1TZ-U

jeffyboy

Thank you exscentric. Finally something that might help.

New Visitor
GerryMcCann

My battery suddenly died

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: