Boot Loop b1-710

AlanRGB
AlanRGB Member Posts: 2 New User

i recently updated my Acer B1-710 now the tablet is stuck in an infinate reboot withonly the loading screen visible ive tried a factory recovery no good.

I was wondering if someone out there would have a " firmware image" i could have so i could repair the issue im kindof stuck here. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• eldo
    eldo Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Have the same issue.
    Is there any way to restore my b1-710 through recovery menu, without sending to warranty center? It's first tablet which was bricked so easy without any chance to restore. I called support but they only suggested me to factory reset but it doesn't work. I couldn't find a official firmware on asus site.

• eldo

Tinkerer

Any comments? Problem still not resolved after talking with support the only advice was to restore factory settings. But device still in bootloop! I'm totally sure that it can be restored without sending to Acer support. It's pretty silly if my device has been so easily broken and manufacturer have no any ways to restore it except sending to Acer (China tablets with less known brand name much more usable (restorable) than this tablet).

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

If you've used the power and volume buttons to restore and wipe tablet, yet it's till stuck in boot loop you need an image ROM of the OS, much as you'd re install a Windows OS on a PC, Acer don't seem keen to release them. As you've said, companies like Versus and Sumvision make the firmware and ROM's freely available. Shame on you Acer for not supporting your customers, I'm sure that for many their first Acer tablet will be their last.

• eldo

Tinkerer

I understand that I need firmware, but Acer not provide it (still don't understand why). It's my second Acer device (previously I had theirs notebook, which was very low quality because during 3 years of usage were replaced HDD,DVD drive,motherboard and memory bank). I sold it for parts and was very happy. And now I decided to check other their product (I meant tablet) and failed, again. I'm very angry, I think that I'll never buy any products with the Acer label again. If I can't restore this tablet, I'll restrict all my friends to buy Acer. I very upset.

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I recommend everyone who feels strongly about this issue to go to Acer's Facebook page and make their feelings known.

• javiermorcillo
    javiermorcillo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

en internet esta todo el mundo con porblemas con la tablet ademas de este problema tampoco deja pasar las app a la tarjeta sd.

• mayorcaleo4
    mayorcaleo4 Member Posts: 4 New User

SI NO PUEDE SER QUE HASTA AHORA NO PUBLIQUEN EL FIRMWARE ME MENDARON DESDE ESPAÑA LA TABLET Y AHORA ESTA INUTILIZABLE NO PASA DEL LOGO ACER

This discussion has been closed.