Am unable to send emails from Acer A1-810. Can receive fine, just can't send. How can I fixt it?

peggie
peggie Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Have just noticed recently that when I try to send an email either thru my Yahoo acct. or through my regular email acct., on my Acer A1-810, they are only going to the Outbox & not being sent. How can I fix this?

Best Answer

• peggie
    Answer ✓

Okay, have figured it out I think. Part of the prob. was due to my Service Provider cutting in/out on their service, part of it was also that I had to go the long way around & send myself the emails by using my Yahoo acct. to send them to my regular email acct. Then had to go back & delete the ones in my Outbox on the regular acct, to get them out of there as they wouldn't send. Twice around the barn to get to the horse but it worked.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Have you changed passwords on your accounts recently? Typically that type of issue is either seen right away when you don't have SMTP settings right or when you change the password witout also telling the email client it's changed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • peggie

No, have not changed password at all. All settings have also been checked & are correct. Do you think I should remove/reinstall the email option for my regular email & for my Yahoo mail? If so, how do I do that on the Acer?

• peggie
    Answer ✓

Okay, have figured it out I think. Part of the prob. was due to my Service Provider cutting in/out on their service, part of it was also that I had to go the long way around & send myself the emails by using my Yahoo acct. to send them to my regular email acct. Then had to go back & delete the ones in my Outbox on the regular acct, to get them out of there as they wouldn't send. Twice around the barn to get to the horse but it worked.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Great to hear that you got it sorted out. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.