Acer iconia one b3-a30 errors after system update

Robb
Robb Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi today my tablet performed a system update. All went well but now I keep getting errors for the Acer portal app and opera app unexpected error please restart if I restart the app it crashes again.

Also is it possible to change ro_debuggable to 1 so I can use root adb shell thanks

Robb

Best Answer

• TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

Hi Robb,

With regards to continuous error in Acer Portal on your Acer device, I suggest you can try to uninstall updates Acer Portal and reinstall it by downloading Acer Portal on Android according to its Online Help.

If the problem still occurs, I will really appreciate it if you could provide us with more information as below. Thank you!

1. Please send feedback via Acer Portal to Acer BYOC Apps support.
    2. Please catch a screenshot of error message occurs on Acer Portal and send it to us for better solution.

Acer BYOC Apps Support

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Have you tried to do a factory reset?

i think you can use ADB but not with root access, it's locked on stock rom.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Robb
    Robb Member Posts: 3 New User

Yea factory reset done still error on Acer portal.

I want to unlock adb root if possible so I can use the app I'm developing. I need the recovery kernel base address but can't seem to find since it's mt8163 board do you know the kernel base address's?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

No, i don't.

i think you need to search on XDA community about that kind of things.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

Hi Robb,

With regards to continuous error in Acer Portal on your Acer device, I suggest you can try to uninstall updates Acer Portal and reinstall it by downloading Acer Portal on Android according to its Online Help.

If the problem still occurs, I will really appreciate it if you could provide us with more information as below. Thank you!

1. Please send feedback via Acer Portal to Acer BYOC Apps support.
    2. Please catch a screenshot of error message occurs on Acer Portal and send it to us for better solution.

Acer BYOC Apps Support

• ITutorialz
    ITutorialz Member Posts: 2 New User

ikr

• Kris1988
    Kris1988 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I'm having an issue.. I just bought a Acer iconia one b3-a30 today. I updated & after it installed I checked back on see if the update was successful, it keeps on saying it needs to update. I've installed updates 4 times now & it still says it can update again . It's the same update. Tha can't be normal. I've tried logging & this post popped up. I hope you can help. Sure didn't spend $200 for this to happen & be extremely slow for not been being 24hours of having it. ????????