Acer a500 Power button repair?

Waltuhh
Waltuhh Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an acer a500 tablet. The power button stopped working and my tablet is out of warrenty. What can I do?

Answers

• Philman
    Philman Member Posts: 255 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Send it back to Acer but call before for cost of repair.

Or find a store in your city who can repair it.

• dabba
    dabba Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Did anyone have any joy finding a suitable repairer for the acer A500 power button?

Can anyone recomend an agent in Sydney, Australia?

Thanks

• littlelulu27
    littlelulu27 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same problem with my power button, brought it to a local store but they weren't able to fix it because the sodder spots were so small.  It is 2 years old and no longer under warranty. Acer support wants over  $ 200.00 to repair it!  With so many people having this issue Acer should recall these! and not charge so much for repair of a faulty switch!!!!!! 

• RERobert
    RERobert Member Posts: 1 New User

Has there been a resolve for this button repair?

• randypinkham
    randypinkham Member Posts: 2 New User

I had an issue tablet (freezing sreen), and m anxious to get it back.  I also have one with a power button that is inop.  This seems to me to be the same degree of issue as the frozen screen - yet they won't do anything for it without the $240.00.  Why is one widespread known problem fixable by them, and this issue, although well known, won't be taken care of??

• randypinkham
    randypinkham Member Posts: 2 New User

I would call them and really get them to answer this issue.  There are many, many that are doing the same thing, but it so far has been without the attention that is due if they are in fact HIGH QUALITY. 

• pulsar
    pulsar Member Posts: 5 New User

I have this same problem. Seems to me that it is something Acer needs to address. Tablet just out of warranty also. Frustrating.

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Have you thought about publicising this issue on Acer's Facebook page, Facebook can be quite a powerful tool if used correctly. Companies generally don't like bad publicity.

• jokerswild143
    jokerswild143 Member Posts: 1 New User

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2161832     Try this fix. I am going to try it tomorrow.

• cbrooks380
    cbrooks380 Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have a broken power button. This will be the second repair on this table.  My button was not making comtact with the switch inside on both occasions. 

The first repair I used a glue which was rated for use in electronics. With some effort and patance I was able to glue the broken parts back together.  This time I am going to try to bridge the gap between the button and the switch.  The plan is to cut a thin piece of pentel eraser and use it in the gap securing it with the same glue. Sounds like a rigged job

but so was the original design.  It will work for me, hope it helps someone else out.