Acer a1-811 is completely dead after OTA update in recovery mode

hy9978
hy9978 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, 

I have an a1-811 acer tablet that is now completely dead. It doesn't even charge or turn on.

Some days ago i was working with it, suddenly it hanged and i had to hold the power buttn to turn off. when i was connecting it to the charge it showed low battery and never was full charge even after hours and hours.

Finally i did a factory reset from the recovery and it turned on, but i wen i wanted to install the 4.4 update from the sd card in recovery mode it was just rebooting after update and didn't boot completly. I installed the 4.2 rom again from the recovery mode but after that it was completly dead and had no responses to any buttons...

I tried to flash it with sp flash tool, downloaded every thing needed but in flashing prosses it shows an error with the code "2004" and says "BROM ERROR : S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (2004)"

don't know what to do... meybe the battery has problem, or cpu, or...?! (maybe i should say goodbye to it)

thank you so much

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

this kind of topic (SP tools) can't be discussed here, by the way if you google the error string, you will have some suggestions on how to fix it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • hy9978
    hy9978 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for reply,

my problem isn't just the sp tool (however i searched a lot about that and seems to have not a simple solution)

, even without that problem i wan't to know is there any solution for it's unresponding after the update? (seems it's software is completely destroyed after update) and it's hanging and showing low battery for long time? I want to know it's a software problem or harware, if that's hardware i send it for acer support.

i will be thaknful if you have any information about these problems and answer me.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it's hard to say, since your device is not able to enter recovery mode and the only way to flash it is using SP flash tool.

if your tablet is still recognised by the SP tool, you still have hopes but it only depends if you are able to fix that error.

I'm not an Acer employee.