Acer a1-810 firmware

Iconica
Iconica Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi

I'm looking for acer a1-810 firmware. Have searched everywhere but can't find it. Preferably looking for latest firmware update.

My tablet is stuck in bootloop so am hoping a firmware reflash I will fix it.

Thanks

Answers

• Iconica
    Iconica Member Posts: 2 New User
    Am also hoping someone can explain how to update the firmware of tablet that is stuck on bootloop.

I have tried to update using some firmware, but receive a partition error.
  • nccong
    nccong Member Posts: 5 New User

I got my A1-810 in bootloop recently and got away by doing the following:

• Download RV21RC02_WW_GEN1_update.zip (update.zip) for RV21RC02_WW_GEN1 from the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2240029

• Store the zip file on sdcard and put the card in your device
    • Boot the device into system recovery

- Power off the tablet.

- Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.

- While holding the Volume up button, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.

- Once the tablet screen turns on, stop holding the buttons.

• Select "Apply update from external storage"
    • Select the zip file from /sdcard
    • The update will fail (here I tried twice and failed both times)  but you may probably bypass the bootloop problem.
    • Reboot system (You may need to click on reset button first if the the power button doesnt work)

Let me know if the procedure works. I got the problem once and I am not brave enough to try it again since my tablet functions well now.

• jelmans
    jelmans Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi
    i have a acer a1-810,the tablet that is on still stuck at the Acer screen

I have tried to update using some firmware,

Acer_A1-810_AV052.RV07RC01_AV052.RV18RC08_PA_CUS1_1372859757041_41145905.zip
    RV21RC02_WW_GEN1_update.zip

But receive a partition error.

-- Install /sdcard ...
    check.partition.size=[__PROP_UNDEFINED__]
    installation aborted.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

• lars06it
    lars06it Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi ùI have the same problem ... did you solved or we have to put our tab in trash?

• de
    de Member Posts: 1 New User

How can I transfer photos to my gallery using SD card.  I heard it doesn't accept them?  I heard their is an app to use for this, is that true

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Do you want to move photos from the gallery to the EX SD card ? If so you can easily do so using a file manager like ES File Manager, download from the play store and install. Open file manager and navigate to the pics you want to move, select them then choose ex SD as the destination folder.

• VarnojeVarno
    VarnojeVarno Member Posts: 1 New User

First I done "Wipe data/factory reset"

Then, I have tried the method you described several times, but without sucess.

Every time I tried to update I have received the same partition eror:
    -- Install /sdcard ...
    installation aborted.

Oh...Oh!

• gendrake93
    gendrake93 Member Posts: 29 New User

there is an app called astro file manager that i use,ok heres what u do:

1.download and install astro file manager from play store(dont worry,they have a free version)

2.open astro file manager,and click sd card zero,then u should see a folder called DCIM,click on it,an then theres a folder within it called camera,click on that,that should be where your photos are stored

2.press and hold the file you want to move,then an option to move the file should appear,click on that.

3.select sd card 1,and then confirm the move.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

VarnojeVarno wrote:

First I done "Wipe data/factory reset"

Then, I have tried the method you described several times, but without sucess.

Every time I tried to update I have received the same partition eror:
    -- Install /sdcard ...
    installation aborted.

Oh...Oh!

Sounds as if the SD card is formatted with a file system not supported by your tablet. Do you know what file system is on it? FAT, NTFS, ext4?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aedencole
    aedencole Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the partition error as well. After that, i tried using only the update.zip contained inside the firmware zip file and flash it with stock recovery and it worked! So i think you have to unzip the firmware zip file and flash only the update.zip. Hope it helps.
This discussion has been closed.