Acer Tablet Battery Problem

ValuedUser
ValuedUser Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I tried to get some service for our out of warrantee Acer tablet by jumping through all the hoops on the website. No reponse at all from the company. Not even an email confirmation that I submitted a request. Not impressed at all about that. The problem appears to be that the battery swelled up from charging and caused a slight seperation between the front and back on the charging end of the tablet. The charging cord is difficult to line up with the female end on the edge of the tablet and once it is inserted, the plug is on an angle, not parallel with the body of the tablet like it always was. It was not dropped and will not take a charge or turn on. I have an earlier version of the same tablet that still works great. The tablet with the problem has a SNID #*********, Mfg Date: 2015 11. If this tablet can be repaired or replaced for a reasonable amount, we would love to do that. Just wondering why the company makes it so difficult to do.AcerTab.jpg

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i can only suggest you to search a new battery part and try to fix the problem by yourself.

the original battery part number is KT.0010G.008

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ValuedUser
    ValuedUser Member Posts: 2 New User

I popped off the back of the tablet to see that the issue is not a swelled battery. Not sure why the charging slot is out of alighnment or why the back doesn't snap back into place completely on the charging end. Still looking for service because this doesn't appear to be something I can do myself.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

In-Warranty Support

Get help with your Acer product at any time day or night. Acer phone and chat technicians can assist with product setup, technical troubleshooting and general questions you may have about your Acer product.

Phone: 1-866-695-2237
    Available 24/7 - US and Canada
    Español Disponible

Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

Out-of-Warranty Support

Acer offers a variety of support options even after your warranty has expired. You can use the resources above, or contact AnswersBy (a third party service) for personalized help and how-to support. These services are available 24/7 365 days a year.

Visit the AnswersBy web site for details www.answersby.com

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.