Acer Iconia Tab A701

batmanpolsl
batmanpolsl Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I have a big problem with my tablet Iconia A701. I can connect any memory stick or disk through the in-build mini-usb port, or even external keyboard or mouse, but I can't connect tablet to the PC (Win7 or Ubuntu). Completely nothing get happened, no information on the PC or Tablet. Another things is that I can't do master reset using the keys combination (power button + Vol -). So where is the problem. By the way, usb cable is perfect, it's fine with another Android device?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Definition
    [Vol-] = button to decrease the volume, identified by two small black dots
    [Vol +] = button to increase the volume, identified by a black dot
    [Lock] = button to lock the screen rotation
    [Power] = button to turn on the tablet
    [Reset] = reset button to restart the tablet, located next to the USB port you need a paper clip to press it.

Factory reset:
    - Press [vol +] + [power]
    - As soon as the tablet vibrates, let go of power and play several times [lock]

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • batmanpolsl

Thanks for this, but I know this. The quastion is why it doesn't work?? And also the usb port when I plug in to the USB port in my PC. Read my first post again.

• IronFly
    You wrote volume - so i replied with the correct pattern.
    I don't know why USB is not recognised, it's a strange issue for sure.
    Have you tried on other PC?
  • batmanpolsl
    This is the acer forum, so I've asked. Its not a typical problem, I won't looking for help here if I could find the answer on Google. To be clear, all tge buttons are working, reset hidden button on the bottom also. I did factory reset, but this is erasing only data. I have feeling that this happened after system update to JB 4.1.1. Should I try to come back to previous version? is anyone knows how to this.??
  • IronFly

probably you can but you need a full system image SD update and this is not available on official community.

it's risky since you will have some chance to mix bootloaders and brick your device.

• batmanpolsl

Maybe I could risk and even try do install KitKat. I assume you've seen this tablet or similar. The funny things with this model is that charger plug looks a little bit different, like here:Charger plug

so maybe I need USB cable designed to transfer a data. I'm just thinking. I'm using the adapter for USB devices or memory stick and it's fine. Unless for the communication between tablet and PC it's using different pins inside. It doesn't look like hardware problem.....

• IronFly

i own an a701 and you don't need any special USB cable to connect to PC.

the one in the picture is just the charger plug.

maybe give a try to "alternative" KK rom but we can't discuss about that here. Smiley Happy

• batmanpolsl

Will you help me with this "alternative" way?? if yes where can I find you??

• IronFly

check your private messages.