Acer Iconia One 8 B1-B850 Apply update from SDCard

TVGICTDEPT
TVGICTDEPT Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi we have a tablet that keeps going to the android system recovery menu this is after it rebooted while installing the software update.

can someone tell me how do you re-install the OS - wipe date/factory reset just reboots back to this menu

I can see the OS is available to download from this support site from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6561?b=1

but I don't know how to install this, we have 30 of these tablets so would like to get this one working again

Thanks

Gaz

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

that's pretty strange, normally it will load and unpack the zip file without letting you browse through it.

if you are under warranty, contact Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

once you downloaded the zip file from Acer server, have a look if there's any instruction or zip file inside it.

if not, just copy the .zip file to your microSD and from recovery menu, choose to update from SDcard and select the zip file.

if you see another zip inside the downloaded file, unzip the downloaded file only and copy the extract zip file to the SD and apply the update as above description.

• TVGICTDEPT
    TVGICTDEPT Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi IronFly

many thanks for the reply 

I've tried this (there is only one zip file)

it seems to open up the zip and say select package, the sdcard only has this one file but after a few seconds it displays a list of folders like it has opened a file from the zip any ideas or do you think the tab has had it and needs to go back

Thanks

Gaz

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

that's pretty strange, normally it will load and unpack the zip file without letting you browse through it.

if you are under warranty, contact Acer support service.