Acer Iconia One 7 won't charge

2»

Answers

• Smoll77
    Smoll77 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same issue with a B1-730 unit that were purchased about 3 months ago

The unit has been left to charge overnight but will not show higher then a 1% charge status.
    When it is initially plugged ion the status goes to charging, but switches to plugged in but not charging shortly afterwards.

Leaving the unit unplugged for a few hours, it is still running and showing as 1% available, so this seems to be a software issue and not a hardware one as the device clearly has more then the indicated charge available.

I did a factory software reset of the unit, however after doing so I can not apply any available patches as the device requires at least 20% charage available before it will allow me to patch. Is there any sort of a workaround to this behaviour?

You had mentioned opening an internal discussion. Is there any sort of an internal incident ID that could be referenced when calling the phone support group?

My call to to support yesterday said this was not a known issue and had recommended that the unit be sent in for a warranty repair. After I searched these forums I found this thread, and it seems to be occurring for multiple people.

Quite disappointing, as this has been a great tablet prior to this issue.

• LexSama
    LexSama Member Posts: 2 New User

an update to my claim i just tried to drain the battery (17% should only last an hour ish running a 3d game or so)

turns out the % is more stuck the wont charge for me.

it has ran for about 4 hours now without dropping under 17%

it dose go into sleep mode faster now then it used to, everything else seems normal tho hope that helps

• ulala
    ulala Member Posts: 3 New User

The battery seems to be fully charged, however the tablet shows a different battery percentage.

• ditzygypsy
    ditzygypsy Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the exact same problem and mine is also about 3 months old. I thought I hated android before; now I really think they're garbage. But I need my tablet to work for a project. I have never ever had anything go wrong with any of my IOS devices. Come on Acer, step up and tell us how to fix this. We can't get a charge to 40%, so do not tell us to install the update. I have the update file, but it won't install when the battery won't go higher than 1%!!

• peakrcrc
    peakrcrc Member Posts: 1 New User
    The solution to open up the unit and to detach the 4-wire Li-ion battery connector from the board and re-attach. It seems as if the inner two "sense pins" are disconnected. See this video on how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GsMBoqVfYk
  • Folco
    Folco Member Posts: 3 New User
    I had the charging issues as above,remove back, disconnect battery, reconnect battery pushing connection very firmly into place,the problem has been the two middle pins have not been connecting.