Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-780)- out of memory, out of the box

Blobby_P
Blobby_P Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

What is up with this tablet?  It's only 8 g but brand new out of the box it won't even update as it says it is out memory.  There is less than half a gig available, is android 6.0 taking all that up as the preinstalled apps are taking up only 1.29g.  I've added a 16g sd and went through the formating process but that doesn't help.  Is this thing as useless as it seems or is there something wrong?  Thanks,

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try to set the SD as the main storage (if the option is available under Settings/storage) and check if you can move some application to the SD (settings/Apps - tap on the app you want to move and check if the option is available).

if not, i would contact Acer support service:

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Blobby_P
    Blobby_P Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the response but no luck.  The preinstalled apps will not move to the SD and there is no option to set the SD as main storage.  Out of curiosity I purchased another of the same model but with 16g and sure enough there is only 9g available after is does it's initial upgrades.  I will contact Acer support to see if anything can be done with the 8g model.  Cheers.

• Glen06
    Glen06 Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought (brand new yesterday) the Acer One Iconia 7"  B1-780  8GB

Switched on and set up device with Google account,passwords etc.

Added one game, then tried to add another game and i was told it has not got enough memory.

Here is my problem. It is supposed to have 8GB internal storage. In the setting it tells me i only have 2.99GB of internal storage in TOTAL. And i have used 2.67GB.

Is this a joke or serious fault with this devicde. It is supposed to have 8GB internal storage.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

A portion of the internal storage is used by the OS and built-in apps. This is normal. You may be able to free space up by things like clearing caches and disabling apps you don't use, but an 8GB machine is pretty much at the bottom of the space pyramid in terms of Android devices.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Redv90
    Redv90 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did anyone ever get a response from Acer, I bought an 8GB version for my son for Christmas which is now about as useful as a coaster. 
  • dave_white
    dave_white Member Posts: 1 New User
    omg same here, these digusting scammers. identical problem as Glen06