Acer Iconia One 7 (B1-740) drains battery rapidly

JuanDigitalShop
JuanDigitalShop Member Posts: 1 New User

I know this is not a hardware issue, but atleast can i know when will the next software update will be available?
I'm suffering using this tab. I always need to be always near a power outlet to use this tab.
Acer Team, please help us (B1-740 users).

Smiley Sad

Answers

• kc567567
    kc567567 Member Posts: 4 New User
    What ver android are you running and what kind of runtime do you have? KC
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Have you tried a factory reset?
    Maybe is some application in background that's draining the battery.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sonicdue13
    Sonicdue13 Member Posts: 65 Troubleshooter

Factory resetting the tablet isn't the answer to everything????, it could simply be the settings on your tablet that drains the battery life, try to turn down the brightness some and maybe turn off the WiFi when your not watching a video or searching the web also turn mobile data off since its a WiFi only device, search the web for more tips because there's plenty of articles on how to save battery life for android devices!

I hope I answered your question!

• paulinspace
    paulinspace Member Posts: 6 New User

You sure the battery is fully recharging?  It may be one of the other issues reported on another discussion.  The Iconia One 7 has a known issue with the battery not fully charging.  tablet not fully charging

A number of us have also reported an issue where it won't charge past 1%, which literally means the only way to use the tablet is plugged in.  If you are seeing the battery is not charging past 1%, add your voice to this discussion:  iconia one 7 not charging

If its not a charging issue then in the settings you should be able to take a look at what is using power.  If its not there then download a "battery manager" app that records info on what is using battery.