Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A30-K6YL question????

jeffy162
jeffy162 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I would like to know WHY my tablet is white, but if I bring up the information about it the picture shown is of a black tablet. Further, in the printed information it says"Slate" where the color is listed. But, my tablet is WHITE! Is this an "advertising glitch" or what? Or am I just freaking out over nothing? (the information is based on the tablets' serial number) By-the-way, I know (or think I know) about the different colors of slate.

Unrelated question: I just got this tablet about three weeks ago (7\5) and I was perusing the Acer site when I noticed an update to the operating system is available for download. My question is this: How do I go about installing it once it is downloaded? (never done this before so I don't know how)

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer

Hello,

NT.LCMAA.001 - Iconia One 10 B3-A30-K6YL (Link):

• Color: White
    France
  • jeffy162

Tinkerer

Thanks for the reply, but, if I input the serial number for MY tablet it shows a black tablet and the color stated is "Slate". I was just wondering why it was this way. (I would really like a black tablet, but I can't afford to get one now)

• laurent_14

In which website do you input the serial number?

France
  • jeffy162

Tinkerer

THIS website... The Acer website.

• laurent_14

Sorry but could you post the link?

France
  • jeffy162

Tinkerer

I'll try:

Link to information:

https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/10025/B/NT.LCMAA.001.html

Link to picture:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6839?b=1

I don't know if the links will work (you may have to copy-n-paste them to your browser).

• laurent_14

Thanks. The links work.

1. No color stated in the datasheet.
    2. The picture showed in this webpage is only a "general" picture for the model like an avatar.

Sorry to be curious but where did you see the color when you bought it? May be the reseller inserted the wrong picture according to the part number. I agree I would be disappointed.

France
  • jeffy162

Tinkerer

No - I bought the tablet through Best Buy's online site and they showed a picture of my tablet (a white one like I got). Even the specs were correct. That's what has me "up-in-arms" about this whole thing. I bought a white tablet and when I looked on the Acer website it shows a black tablet. WTF???? To make matters worse, in the information posted for MY tablet (with MY serial number - not a generic serial number) post's the color as being "Slate" (it IS listed on the information page, just almost all the way at the bottom). At least it is listed on the information page that I get after I input the serial number. It is listed under "Physical Characteristics" as "Form Factor".

Physical Characteristics

Form Factor            Slate   (I just realized that could be a generic term for "tablet". DOH!)