Acer Iconia B1 partition error does not accept the update.

kagebista
kagebista Member Posts: 1 New User

My new Acer iconia b1-a71 16gb does not accept the OTA update under boot system menu! It accepts and download the update. After that is gives me to restart and install. And after - the installation under the system boot menu stops with

ERROR: - Invalid partition setting
17: fat 238e8000:888e8000
Instalation aborted.

The tablet is clean and unrooted. I tested it without SD card inside. I even try with the original OS rom in the Acer support site - and still the same error! Can someone help to describe is it hardware problem to send it back to the supplayer or how to repare this issue?
Can you help me?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry for the problems you are having getting the update. I would like to look more into this. Can you please post a screenshot of your system information screen showing your OS version and build number? This will give us additional information to look into the issue you are reporting.

• ajamerlan
    ajamerlan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm also having the very same error. I don't really know how you're supposed to grab a screenshot when the error pops up in the startup screen before the operating system has even loaded.
  • Blayn-Acer

Can you please provide your Serial number and SNID, and any additional information you may be able to provide regarding this error?

• Blayn-Acer

I have not been able to duplicate what you are describing. Could you possibly take video of the issue and send it to me? 

• DeepZonw
    DeepZonw Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. The tablet is new. After setting up I wanted to run the OTA update. Recovery Menu is ok. The update will start. Then, the error:

ERROR: - Invalid partition setting
    17: fat 238e8000:888e8000
    Instalation aborted.

Is there a solution?

Greetz Deep

• Blayn-Acer

Can you please provide a serial number or SNID, or any additional information on the error?

• DeepZonw

SNID: 31311546715

Edit: I have uploaded a video of the Update process an the error...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI2Ahfn_UsA&feature=youtu.be

• huguinou
    huguinou Member Posts: 1 New User

I experienced the same problem on my freshly bought B1-A71.

Any help will be appreciated.

• DeepZonw

Is there any solution.
    Otherwise, I have to bring it back and I probably need to buy another tablet

• Blayn-Acer

We are still looking into this, and hope to be able to provide a solution. Are you able to boot into the OS?  If you are, can you please send me a screenshot of your about screen? If you are not able to boot into the OS, can you please send me a private message with your name, email address, and telephone number, so I can have someone contact you?

• gemco
    gemco Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, I do have the same problem with my Tab B1...

Can I send you all the informations you need to help me?

Thanks.

• Blayn-Acer

I would like to assist you in resolving this, but unfortunately, I don't have a resolution at this time. Are you able to boot into the OS?  If you are, can you please send me a screenshot of your about screen? If you are not able to boot into the OS, can you please send me a private message with your name, email address, and telephone number, so I can have someone contact you?

• gemco

My tablet's working quite well, it's just doesn't accept the update for ACER settings. I'll try to send you my screenshot later.

Thanks

• Jackal
    Jackal Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello!

I have the same problem.

I just bought it, should make the update and have the same error---

• gemco
    Here's thé screenshot: http://imgur.com/IhPbcxP
  • steflinux
    steflinux Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have the same exact problem also.

What should I do?

/Stephane

• slvrbllt
    slvrbllt Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I am experiencing the very same problem with my brand new Iconia Tab B1-A71 (8gb). I have tried twice to update the firmware but it would fail for a "Invalid partition setting" error!

I can't believe you are not able to reproduce the issue, really.

You may want to follow the quick guide below:

1) Get your hands on a brand new, unopened and never used before device. I bought mine 2 hours ago, but I guess you can get one in a matter of seconds.

2) Switch it on and complete the initialisation process

3) Ensure the OS version is RV04RC04.WW.GEN1 then check for updates from the Settings menu.

4) Download the 26Mb worth update when prompted.

5) Confirm you want to apply the update.

Wait a few seconds and I am confident that you will see what we all are talking about.

A quick fix to this problem would be pretty much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Silver

• Jackal
    Jackal Member Posts: 2 New User

I´m very frustrated, too!

How can we repair the partition setting?

There is no reponse from you the last time.....

• angelsmock
    angelsmock Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem

please help

can not update...............ERROR: -Invalid partitionERROR: -Invalid partitionERROR: -Invalid partition

This discussion has been closed.