Acer Iconia A210 Screen durability

nannykurtz
nannykurtz Member Posts: 1 New User
The following was the letter that I just sent to Acer in regards to my problem. My Tablet is no longer under warranty and I cannot find any services on this site to help that doesn't instantly shoot me down because I don't have my proof of purchase. I honestly just wanted to be able to voice my concerns and experience some shred of good customer service. So now I am shooting this out into the universe, in hopes that Acer will start trying to help loyal customers. I am even willing to pay to get my tablet repaired but was offered no chance to do that because I don't have my receipt, which shouldn't matter since I have already admitted it is past the 1 year mark. All the run around and hoops I have jumped through the last two hours trying to get this to anyone who cares about customers has lost them some of my previous regard.

To whom it may concern
I have an acer iconia a210, I have been very careful with it the entire time I have owned it. It is now broken, the screen randomly shattered when it was in my tablet stand just from pressure from its own weight along the bottom. Even then most touch screens from other products will still have some use, but when I tried to continue to use mine since only the bottom was damaged the entire screen spider webbed and gave out just from the pressure of my fingertips, I now have a useless tablet that will cost more for me to repair than buy a new tablet. I am emailing you because I have always been a big advocate for your products and have found them to meet all the criteria I expect from high quality electronics, but this tablet fell short. I am unsure if I want to invest in another tablet by your brand because of this experience, as someone who has always taken care of my electronics so they last until they are outdated to have an expensive item like that tablet break after a little over a year is upsetting. I hope that your company has made changes to quality of touchscreen installed in the newer generations of iconiatab. Thank you for your time and consideration and quality products up until this point.

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Recommend you post this on Acer's Facebook page, hopefully they will repair it for you, even on a goodwill basis.

This discussion has been closed.