Android Tablets

Topic

Visitor
Beejay

Re: Acer Iconia A100 and A500 Failure to Boot

Am a young teen tryin 2 live kul... I suddenly buy an A100 and my life comes crashin.
I live in Nigeria, last year I travelled and bought this acer product which still had 3 months warranty. After using it for 5 months, I switch it on one morn and the booting takes forever

I have tried "EVERYTHING" they have recommended but they don't work! Then I ask them 2fix and they say "you have 2 give us a US address"

I am so angry with myself for buying an acer product. ANGRYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
Visitor
Moscow_Desire

[ Edited ]

A500, A501 errors explained.

1. Power On, Tab Vibrates, Black Screen with PWR light on

A. This is APX Mode. Basically your bootloader is corrupted. This can generally be fixed if you have your UID number, thus doing an NVFLASH to re-flash a bootloader. If you don't have your UID, you will need to run some scripts to get it.

2. Power on, stuck at the Acer display.

A. Generally this can mean your Boot.image is corrupted. If you can get to recovery, you can try running a decrypted update.zip. It could also mean the recovery partition is corrupted if you can't boot into recovery by holding Vol- or Vol+ and PWR on.

3. Boot animation loop (tab shows boot animation but never starts). 

A. This could be either a bad boot.image, or the OS itself being corrupted. You can try a Hard Reset to clear data. If that doesn't work, you can try a fresh update.zip using the stock recover method in #2.

4. Dead Android guy with "red !". 

A. You have booted into the stock recovery, and it's looking for a decrypted "update.zip". This can generally work if you locate a compatible update.zip for your region and version of OS (HC or ICS)

These are just some simple explanations of what you see. If the physical memory itself hasn't been damaged (bad blocks) and irrepairable, most of this can be fixed by yourself.

Help is available at xda-developers in the Acer 500 forums for those not under warranty or can't get Service. Yeah, we're those guys and gals that do all the development and hacks :smileywink:

Visitor
jiganto

I am so disappointed with Acer. I bought the A100 for my fiance on her birthday last June and she loved it. I was so happy I was able to afford her a nice (or so I thought) tablet on my grad student stipend. A little over a year later, won't boot (blue button lights up, no vibration and image on screen), I start researching the problem and what do I find? Countless reports of this problem with no easy fix and no response from Acer whatsoever... why in anyone's right mind would anyone ever buy an Acer product again? This is clearly not a random defect, this seems like a large batch of defective products that should have been recalled or had the warranty extended and... nothing. I can't even comprehend how a company can handle a situation likt this so poorly. 

craftsman

Hey, try visiting the Acer Facebook page with your issues.  Not sure if they will respond, but some folks say that is the ONLY way they manage to get through to the company.  Doesn't hurt to try...

Regular Visitor
gizmouk

Acer UK on Facebook were very good. They got back to me the next day and within a week my tablet was taken to be fixed free of charge.
Contributing Member
piper

if you touch the home button it give you a DOS screen with the problem but that is as far as I can get

Contributing Member
piper

I have had so many problems that I have posted the my status has been upgraded to "Member"  They must think it is an honour:manlol:

Visitor
queenofthesidhe

For those of you having issues, people with the a500 tablet are having the same issue.  There are a lot of solutions offered in another thread on here, which seem to work for quite a few people.  

Please search for the following thread:

"Iconia A500 frozen at Acer logo boot screen".

There are also some suggestions on what you can do about it if none of the solutions work and Acer continues to not stand behind their product (still no recall or alert on the two tablet versions - A100 & A500).  Hope this helps.

Visitor
phoenixicez

Acer has agreed to repair my out of warranty Acer A100.  I am experiencing the same problem of only seeing Acer splash screen on power up. Pressing the Reset Button didn't make a difference. Even tried the software reset steps, only thing that resulted in was no splash screen, only a black screen on power up. Thank you Acer from a first time customer.

Glennpelayo

How do you make them repair yoyr tab for free? Please help me thanks!!!!

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: