Acer A200 stuck on Iconiatab screen

Kimberly_Evette
Kimberly_Evette Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

My daughter has an Acer A200 ICONIATAB tablet. When she powers it on it gets stuck on the ICONIATAB screen. I tried to do a reset by holding down the volume key and the volume key they when it vibrates i let go of the power key by keeps holding the volume key and then switch the lock switch and it goes to a black screen with white writing that says "Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS Starting Fastboot USB download protocol", If I hold the two bottons down and I dont sitch the lock switch over after it vibrates in the upper right corner It flashes a message that says "Erasing Cache before SD Update... SD update cmd: recovery --update_package=SDCARD: update.zip Booting recovery kernel image" then it shows another screen with a little green android with a rotating blue orb in his stomach and then a screen comes up with a green android laying down with the door over his stomach open and a red triangle with an exclaimation point over him. It sits like that for a few minutes then it powers off, back on, and then it gets stuck back on the ICONIATAB screen again.

Answers

• Kimberly_Evette
    Kimberly_Evette Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, I saw that video a few times already. It was only a minute and nine seconds and it does not address my issues at all unfortunately because it states that once you unlock the tablet it is reset then the video ends but as I stated in my post when I unlock the tablet mine had a pop up about bootloader....
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If the tablet shows a recovery error or any other unexpected condition, you may have made some mistake in the procedure. For example, if you hold the power button too long this can cause the device to go into a recovery mode. If you encounter this, don't worry. This is a common and correctable mistake. In such a case, just restart the procedure at Step 1. The procedure can take several practice runs to complete successfully. What follows is the step by step procedure.

Did you hold the power button longer than 3 seconds?

1.) Perform a hardware reset by using a pin or paper clip to press the button inside of the pinhole at the lower right corner of the tablet. You should feel a slight click when pressing and releasing the button. Make sure your pin actually contacts the button and is not too tight in the pinhole. The tablet will attempt to boot. Wait 15 seconds for it to settle.

2.) Power off the tablet. To force a power down, press the power button continuously for at least 5 seconds. Do not touch or let anything press the volume button at this time. (You should feel no vibration when using this method to power down. If you feel a vibration during this power off attempt, the tablet was apparently already off. In this case, wait about 20 seconds and restart this step from the beginning.)

3.) Press and hold the Volume up rocker. It is the volume rocker that is located farthest from the corner of the tablet. (Do not release the volume button until instructed to in step 6 below.)

4.) While still holding the Volume up button, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds and then immediately release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.

5.) The tablet will vibrate in approximately 1-2 seconds after you release the power button, once you feel or hear this vibration, slide the screen lock switch on and off repeatedly while continuing to hold the Volume up button.

6.) As soon as the Erasing Userdata... message appears in the upper left corner of the screen, release the Volume up button and stop sliding the screen lock switch. You should then also see theErasing Cache... message below that as proof that your device is being wiped.

I've heard of people taking a half dozen or so tries to get it to work, so be patient until you get it right.

Upon successful completion, the tablet will boot up into the initial setup screen.
    (At this point, see the note below on USING FACTORY DATA RESET TO ELIMINATE PROBLEM APPS for special instructions regarding that practice.)

• wagontastic
    wagontastic Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having same issue and nothing is working.it now gives me unrecoverable bootloader error (0x19000008)

• Timh
    Timh Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm experiencing the same problem. Please, what did you do to fix the problem? HELP
  • reddysyr
    reddysyr Member Posts: 1 New User
    My problem is also same after trying hard reset it shows some error in the tab what tot do
  • Manda09
    Manda09 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am the owner of Acer Iconia Tab A200 and it doesn’t work anymore.
    It doesn’t start up ,just the light is red when i connect it to the adapter(charger) and white when i press the power button .It doesn’t vibrate or shows the logo screen.
    What should I do ? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    First verify that it is fully turned off. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to force it to shut down. Wait a bit and try to power it back up. If the problem is a stuck app in sleep mode that should get you back.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.