ACER ICONIA TAB A500: it powers on but no sign of life, only black screen

lucasack74
lucasack74 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good morning,

a few days ago I powered my A500 off, when I powered it on again I got the surprise of a black screen, with no sign of life (no vibration, no logo), only the power button was on and white. I tried also to start the tablet in recovery mode (vol-/+ and power button) with no use. Also pressing the reset button gave no results. I searched the Internet for other situations like this: I found a lot of results and several ways to go out. I thought the problem was the device was stucked in APX mode: I connected it to my laptop with its usb cable and Windows 10 recognized a general APX device but it didn't show partitions or folders. So I decided to completely flash again the ROM to the original one (3.0.1, factory settings if i remember well). I followed some blogger suggestions, downloaded files, tried and... succedeed: the tablet was alive again, but... If I power it off I fall again in the subject of this discussion (I tried a couple of times) missing everything! Can it be I have a hardware problem on the 32GB flash memory (it's no more a ROM, only a RAM)? I got no microSD. Or did I forget something while I flashed the ROM? Can someone help me? Thank you in advance for support!

Answers

• lucasack74
    lucasack74 Member Posts: 2 New User

Almost 2 weeks are gone but no replies... Is there anything not clear in my post? Can somebody help me to understand the problem I have with my tablet? Thank you.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i'm not quite sure but this, in the past, was related to a ROM issue and can be only repaired by Acer changing motherboard or ROM chip.

I'm not an Acer employee.