ACER A700 CHARGER CHARGER CABLE PROBLEMS

demonicrod
demonicrod Member Posts: 5 New User

HI I HAVE AN ACER A700 BOUGHT IN AUGUST THIS YEAR AND NOW ON MY THIRD NEW CHARGER

IS THERE A FAULT WITH THE CHARGER WIRE AS ALL THE CHARGERS I HAVE HAD ARE SORRY,BUT *****

ALL HAVE SPLIT ALONG THE WIRE  BETWEEN THE PLUG AND CHARGER THUS NOT CHARGING THE TABLET

IS THIS A FAULT BY MANUFACTURE

Answers

• marksi
    marksi Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had the same problem - despite never having been abused in any way the cable insulation has cracked and split at the point it joins the plug - and it seems impossible to buy a replacement.  I'm very disappointed in this situation - why can no one from Acer tell us when they will be able to supply replacement chargers?

• pramkaran
    pramkaran Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had similar problems.  I took my device.  It stopped charging so I took it back to Future shop...they claim the changed the mainboard as it had problems.  The device worked fine for about 4 months after getting it back.  It is now doing the same thing...the device won't charge...not sure if it is the charger or the mainboard as they told me.  I took it back 5 days ago and is still waiting to see what they say is the problem.  

• Dmilburn
    Dmilburn Member Posts: 1 New User

I have purchased 3 chargers for my A700 since I bought it. It is very disapointing to have to go through this. I saw where this device required a special charger but it said nothing about the reliability or availability of the replacement. I apears to me that Acer really dont care!

• saywot
    saywot Member Posts: 64 Troubleshooter
    can't you charge it like a phone and connect to a PC via the micro-USB port?
  • saywot

From the 22nd of May until now is a long wait for an answer from either an Acer rep or one of the experts in this forum.

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Sayw

Please try charging via the USB port and let us know if it is successful.

Leho

• saywot
    nope, it doesn't seem to charge through the USB port
  • Charity
    Charity Member Posts: 2 New User

I have purchased two additional chargers and tried to charge via USB.  Nothing has worked thus far.  Any other ideas?  I have used the tablet one day thus far.  I can't help but think this has to be under warranty.  but, I got it from my dad's house after he died.  No idea on a receipt.  he was complaining that it did not charge as well.

Acer?  Can you tell me if this is under warranty?

• aimanmehdi
    aimanmehdi Member Posts: 1 New User

My tablet has stopped charging AGAIN! Like many of you, I am now on my third charger and I worry I might have to buy another one. Problem is, this time I'm not entirely sure if it is the tablet or the charger thats causing problems this time. I no longer have warranty as i bought my tablet in 2012 and i dont know how much it will cost for repairs. This is honestly driving me crazy! The tablets great, but seriously??

• BrianBurdin
    BrianBurdin Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes you can but it takes longer. But as I am just finding out that will only last for a period of time and it will start not charging from your pc at all. I think theres a problem with the port because after i got mmine the wall charger stopped working after 5 months and it was sill under warrenty so they sent me a new charger wich also lasted about 5 to 6 months and then it crapped out. So for the past 2 years ive been using my pc to charge and all of a sudden that wont work. I called Radio Shack because a friend works there and they said it would be 60 to 100 to fix.

• tackybear
    tackybear Member Posts: 3 New User

Here is how to solve your charging problem    (A700 Tablets)

1. remove all peripheral devices

2. remove charger

3. power up tablet

4. once booted, press and hold power button until it shuts off... continue to hold for 30 seconds to a minute to clean all electrons from motherboard

5. unplug charger from wall and let sit for 5 minutes

6. plug in charger to tablet

7 . plug charger into wall outlet (it should now work fine)

Occasionally it is neccesary (like all electronic devices) to do a complete drain of electrons in the mainboard to reset ports that faulted. I did this and my charger worked fine for a few months... did it again, works fine since.

Hope this helps (btw this is step one in troubleshooting any faulty electronic device)

• bvmerang
    bvmerang Member Posts: 1 New User

hello everybody!

I have had similar isue with charging!

,...my iconia was charging ,.. then when the battery went low i have pluged in the charger and nothing... hour later it started to charge ,.. next day same thing,.. and the it stopped to charge at all.

I have opend it ( out of guarantee ) reconnected all ribbons for thr battery,.. and nothing. not resolved.

But when i analyzed the ribbon that connects the microusb dock to the mainboard i have discovered that one of the connector on thr ribbon tape had an irregularity in those small pins. Difficult to see, but there it was. one  pin crushed. How could that be  ? I think that when the electricity jumps is overheating or something. 

The guarantee stick were there, i mean it was never opened before.

the ribbon id number is LF-8021P but is impossible to find, but there is an compatible piece ( nº 50.H99H2.001 )

30€ from online shop ( www.zandparts.com ) . Today it has arrived,.. easy to put on place,.. and you know what ?

IT IS CHARGING NOW!