A500 tablet

roman1818
roman1818 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I am new to this community, but I need some advice,especially since Acer customer service for non warranty repairs is weak at the best. It seems that their customer service is quite questionable, but also after reading some of the community messages, it seems that their products are not what they claim they are and leave a lot to be desired.

My problem is that the power button on my A500 has collapsed in the case and now wont turn on at all. The switch is floating inside the housing and has not any spring tension on it.

My question is can this be repaired ( switch only ) or is it part of another board ( motherboard ). I also wonder is it worth repairing at all. The tablet itself was fairly expensive when purchased .

I would also ask if anybody knows of a reputible repair facility, in case I decide to have it repaired. I e mailed the facilities that Acer recommended over 5 days ago and have not had a reply from any of them. Figures!!

I live in Southern California, but I will ship it if needed.

Any help or opinions will be appreciated. Thank You

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

hi..

Acer offers repairs for out of warranty products. You can contact Acer support team and check for the options they offer. You will need to send the tablet to their repair center to have it repaired. This issue can be fixed by sending the product for repair or you can contact local repair center near to your area..

• roman1818
    roman1818 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank You

• cliff115
    cliff115 Member Posts: 1 New User

How do I contact the support team you don't give email or phone number?  Is there a link buried somewher in the acer website to  find local repair center?

• smillar
    smillar Member Posts: 2 New User

I too have an A500 with the dreaded NAND cold solder issue. Tried to bake it back to life, but nada.

Is there anyone at ACER that gives a **bleep** about this issue? They did do some complementary fixes...but that looks like it was terminated.

What do I do with my Orphaned A500? It WAS NOT cheap but the support and service is very, very light.

Is there a depot for MB parts that I can order from?

Sure would like to get it running rather than making it into more ACER LandFill.

• wendygump
    wendygump Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi there

I am having the same problem with the on off switch on my A500 and it seems that numerous other people also have had. I am apalled at the lack of support the company seems to have for this problem. Have you had any luck finding a repair depot? It seems that Acer wants nothing to do with these defective machines. I will never purchase an Acer product again!

• smillar
    smillar Member Posts: 2 New User

As I said...we are Foster Parents to Orphaned Acer products!

To bad really...I knda like the little beast...before it became useless. Smiley Mad

I too have several other Acer products...monitors, netbooks, etc.

NEVER AGAIN!

- Will I buy

- Will I Recommend

- Will I service

ANY ACER PRODUCT...really too bad because I used to like Gateway too.

Oh well....life goes on.....

• wendygump
    wendygump Member Posts: 3 New User

Am getting really really frustrated. Thought I had a repair booked but the shipping label was not e-mailed to me as promised so when the courier arrived I had to send him away. I have since been e-mailing the tech Blayne but the emails have not been read or replied to and I have had no success trying to reach someone in the ether at Acer! I believe my credit card was charged for the repair too. The only way I have reached anyone was through this community so will an Acer tech please please send me a private message so I can get this resolved finally????

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Wendy,

Sorry if you are having problems sending your system in, but I have not received an email or private message from you since 6-22, when I had a technician call you to set up repair. I will send you a private message to assist with scheduling another pickup.

This discussion has been closed.