Topic

Regular Visitor
tgm022861
Accepted Solution

A500 Internal storage missing

I have a 32GB Iconia Tab A500 tablet running ICS. I have a low storage icon showing so I went to Settings > Storage to investigate. The calculations are as follows:

Total space: 27.37GB

Apps:             1.36GB

Pics,videos:     138MB

Audio:            8.85MB

Downloads:   10.17MB

Misc:              1.69GB

Available:      257MB

The bar graph above these calculation indicates roughly 20% of the storage is used, yet I only have 257MB available. Any ideas on how to correct this and make the missing memory available?

Acer Technician
Acer-Travis

Re: A500 Internal storage missing

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are forwarding this information to the proper department for investigation.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Regular Visitor
goeff

try unmont sd card and rebot your tab 

mztriff

I TOO AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY 16 GB ICONIA A500 TABLET MY CALCULATIONS ARE:

TOTAL SPACE : 12.71 GB
APPS: 505 MB
PICTURES/VIDEOS: 23.54 MB
AUDIO: 220 MB
DOWNLOADS: 13.18MB
MISC: 439MB
AVAILABLE: { 511MB }
Frequent Visitor
gkvidal

Same problem with my 16gb A500 running ICS.  I've had to restore to factory once already.  Another forum listed the problem as a GPS file leak problem, better described as:

"The bottom line is that when the GPS is used, the GPS driver for ICS 4.0.3 on the Acer a-series tablets apparently writes numerous gl-YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS.txt files into the /data/gps directory. The files are apparently not automatically deleted, and so over time will consume most of the internal storage space."

If this is in fact the problem when can we expect a patch to fix this seemly simple issue?

Acer Technician
Acer-Travis

[ Edited ]

We will be releasing an application soon that will help resolve this issue.  Once it is available I will post here with directions. Thank you for your patience.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Regular Visitor
Rachel68

I can't download any apps or even update the ones I have. I just installed a 32GB SD card so how can I possibly have low storage space?!?
Frequent Visitor
giorgitd

What is the status of the patch necessary to fix the GPS memory drain and remove the excess files to restore the available free memory?  I am on the edge of the painful process of a factory reset, but can hold off if a patch is to be released soon...

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

We have posted a patch for this at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29339. I hope this is helpful.

Regular Visitor
smaglikn

Tried this but no joy. Only got a dead android picture.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: