A3-A30 32-bit firmware

fig2k4
fig2k4 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Is there any way I could get a 32-bit ROM for the A3-A30?

I bought this tablet for my son to play games and it's great for most of them.  Some of his favourites use native code and don't support x86_64.  I've been in touch with the developers, but none of them are really interested.

Best Answer

• fig2k4
    Answer ✓

I discovered that the firmware already supports arm and x86 binaries, so a 32-bit version wouldn't give any benefits.

I managed to get the games working though, by forcing them to use the arm libs instead of x86.  

I install a game as normal from the store, make a copy of the installed apk and remove all the lib folders from it except from armeabi-v7a.  Once I reinstall the apk, it uses the arm binaries instead of x86 and works fine.  

It must be a problem with the x86 versions of these games, or could still be x86 support in the firmware that's buggy..

Anyway, I don't look as much of a douche for buying this tablet now and my son's happy.

Cheers.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i don't think you will ever get such type of rom.

sorry

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • fig2k4
    Answer ✓

I discovered that the firmware already supports arm and x86 binaries, so a 32-bit version wouldn't give any benefits.

I managed to get the games working though, by forcing them to use the arm libs instead of x86.  

I install a game as normal from the store, make a copy of the installed apk and remove all the lib folders from it except from armeabi-v7a.  Once I reinstall the apk, it uses the arm binaries instead of x86 and works fine.  

It must be a problem with the x86 versions of these games, or could still be x86 support in the firmware that's buggy..

Anyway, I don't look as much of a douche for buying this tablet now and my son's happy.

Cheers.