A3-A10 Where Are The Updates...?

MorningBird2010
MorningBird2010 Member Posts: 15 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I go to support to get a System Update - OS_Acer_AV0K0.A3-A10.RV04RC08.PA.CUS1_A44K_A, I extract the files, and now I'm clueless as to what to do next...?  I've had my A3-A10 tablet since 2013, and lately I try to dload certain apps and I keep getting an error message saying, my device is "not compatible" or it's "No Carrier" which I'm guessing is why it's considered not compatible, but I connect to WiFi every day, so I don't understand why I'm not able to dload certain apps such as the ABC TV app or update the Hulu app which was preinstalled as Hulu Plus and now it keeps crashing, and I can't uninstall or update the app....Please help w/this matter as soon as possible please/Thank you!! 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

which version is installed on your tablet right now?

settings/about tablet - report build number and image version

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MorningBird2010

Android Version 4.4.2

• IronFly

is not what i asked:

which version is installed on your tablet right now?

settings/about tablet - report build number and image version

• MorningBird2010

Image Version: Acer_AV0K0_A3-A10_RV04C08_PA_CUS1

Build Number: Acer_AV0K0_A3-A10_1.064.00_PA_CUS1

• IronFly

you hav the latest version, so no more updates.

• MorningBird2010

Ok! So how do I get these 2 apps ABC TV/Hulu down loaded on my tablet?  I've restored to factory reset cleaned out the system and it still is not recognizing these apps to be compatible on this tablet, it's android device so...?  Why is not working?

• IronFly

about Hulu:

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/ka041000000q1dGAAQ/troubleshooting-android?language=en_US

if your device can't update to 5.0 (and yours can't) the application will not install...and i think it's the same for ABC TV.

so you can only buy a new device.

• MorningBird2010

Well, Thanx so much for your help!  I will be investing in another tablet soon, but it will not be an android.  Surface has improved a lot over the last 2 years, so I'm going to go the Windows route...why not I've been using Windows PCs for last 20+ years on a daily! 

It's such a shame when companies manufacture their products and they become 2 years old, they completely dismiss those products/customers for updates, it just doesn't seem right to do that, but oh well that's the way of the technology world!

Again, Thanx for trying to help me resolve this issue! Smiley Very Happy

• MorningBird2010

No the problem has not been resolve!  As I said before, it's really sad that ACER and other electronic manufacturers just make their products after 1 year or more obsolete, and don't provide updates for those devices...keeping in mind, that NOT everyone is in a financial position to go buy the latest devices that come out every 4 months...keep the current customers happy, and when their situation changes, then they may buy another product from the same manufacturer...just a suggestion!