A210 lock out

PaulC
PaulC Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, small porblem, big tears! I gave an A210 jelly bean to my goddaughter this year, she loves it but has locked herself out by entering pattern recognition wrong five times. The secreen now asks for google login (all so far as the self hep says) but it won't accept it. She can log on to google play from another computer though.

This must be a common problem, sure someone has come across it. Would really appreciate some help, so can have a smile back. (Am I confusing google play and some other google logon? )

Thanks.

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

You need to perform a factory data reset on this tablet. Below steps would help you do that.

This will erase all of your personal information, all stored contacts and any programs you have installed on this tablet.

Power off the tablet and hold in landscape orientation.
    Press and hold the Volume down button, which is located farthest from the touch screen lock switch.
    With the Volume down button held, press and hold the Power button until the tablet vibrates. Once the tablet vibrates release the Power button but Continue holding the Volume down button.
    Once the tablet vibrates a second time, release the Volume down button and quickly press the Volume up button.
    Continue holding the Volume up button until the tablet vibrates a third time.
    On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
    When prompted to Confirm wipe of all user data, select Yes -- delete all user data.
    On the Android system recovery screen, select reboot system now. Your data will be erased.
    Your tablet will reboot and go to the Welcome screen. Follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

This discussion has been closed.