A210 Camera app disappeared.

wer
wer Member Posts: 3 New User
OS 4.1.1. Camera icon and app were available initially (>1 year ago), but never used. Wife wanted to take picture recently, but no sign of app or icon. Any chance of getting back the function short of a hard reset? Help much appreciated, thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Take a look on

settings/apps/ALL

then check if the Camera application is disabled.

if you can't find the Camera application anywhere, you can try a factory reset but do a backup of your personal data.

settings/backup&reset/factory data reset

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • wer
    Thank you IF. No sign of a camera app in /ALL. So much unremovable bloatware, yet it seems that the camera app can be deleted? Strange. Wife refuses to do a factory reset, so i guess she will not be able to take any pictures.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

You could try one of the third party camera apps. If they won't install or refuse to work it might be the camera hardware that is causing the issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wer
    Thank you Bill, that did the trick. Found an improved JellyBean camera app, that apparently does about what the original is supposed to do, but a little bit better. Problem solved, thank you both for your kind effort.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

No problem, glad it got sorted for you. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • karlasheehan
    karlasheehan Member Posts: 10 New User

i don't have an A210, i have an A3 A10, but i tried what you suggested for this issue and it fixed my missing camera app on my tablet.  i was very happy because i tried downloading apps from the play store but they all had ads popping up everytime i took a picture, which was very irritating and it wasn't the same as the original camera app.  i wanted to thank you and give you kudos for helping me with my problem since when i asked acer support they said to just download another camera app from the play store.   thanks again