A PRAISE for Acer.

Options
WasteLandSavage
WasteLandSavage Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter

OK:

As everyone knows I like everyone else here has complained about the BootLoop Issue, Bloatware and us not being able to uninstall it without having to root our tablets, And why Acer doesn't release a Firmware update, or Updates as regular as some Mfg's, And even the somewhat seemly lack of caring support from Acer.

I still think Acer could be a little more active in these forums, As I have found solutions to problems on other Acer Based Forums eaiser that have NO Acer Techs on them but just fellow user like myself.

But I digress and this is not what this post is about.

I have always believed that if you COMPLAIN about something OR somepne when they are doing something you think is wrong.

I also believe that when they do right by you, You should give them PRAISE as well and Thank them for it.

As everyone here knows I complained about my A1-810 BootLooping after only a little over 2 weeks of use, which required me to have to send it back into Acer to be serviced.

Well it's due back here tommorow and I can't wait.

The service depot had tried to reimage it, went to start it, and found it to be the Mobo, They ordered a new Mobo and when it arrived they installed it and tried it again and this time the Mobo just plain fried.

Well the Tech called me up and told me why it was taking so long, And told me that they would like to "REPLACE" my A1-810 with a "NEW" one.

And asked me if that was OK by me?

Well DUH!

Of coarse it was/is.

Most Mfg's would at best want to send you a Refurb but Acer is replacing it with a "NEW" one, so I can't complain one bit.

"THANKS ACER"!!!!!!

The moral here and I undersatnd others here's feelings about these things.

If your having a problem with your Tablet such as I have?

Why not give Acer the chance to do right by you as they have me?

If I would've sit here and kept Complaining I most likely would've had a Permanent $249 brick for a paperweight.

But I gave them a chance, And they took Care of it for me better then I had ever expected.

And Tommorrow I'll have a working Tablet.

Thanks again Acer: Ricky   Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

• WasteLandSavage
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes I did pay $249 for my tablet.

I got it from Fingerhut.

But I have seen them about $50 cheaper in some places.

As for the update Not a Problem!!!

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Ricky, well done on a result ! I applaud the fact that Acer have stepped up to the mark and sorted the situation, however I will say this. I do not know where you are based but, in the UK I can tell you that a repair to an item would not be acceptable, possibly after two months but not two weeks. Further to this however I believe that this is the tip of the iceberg, I think that there may be a massive issue with MOBO's and it has yet to be admitted by Acer, I hope I'm wrong but, given the high rate of boot looping, I think that this situation will get much worse.

• WasteLandSavage
    Options

I am based in the U.S.

I sent it in two days before Christmas and recieved it as I said today.

And it's working better now then when I first got it.

I to hope you are wrong.

But I can't say I hadn't thought the samething.

• pipcollector
    pipcollector Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

Thank you for the update at least some positive news

BTW did you pay $249 for the tablet?

• WasteLandSavage
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes I did pay $249 for my tablet.

I got it from Fingerhut.

But I have seen them about $50 cheaper in some places.

As for the update Not a Problem!!!

This discussion has been closed.