Z530 "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user"

willemijns
willemijns Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, when i use a SYMACOM (French MVNO) SIM card , it is totally impossible to save or read internal APN values the smartphone says "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user"

No troubles with French MNO or MVNO competitors SIM CARD on this Z530 & with my SYMACOM SIM card with my older ACER Z200 i can add/read/save/modify them as i wish !!!

My oldest son noticed than your own android ACER layer (with your internal apps like abfiles or kind of) destroyed the well know android 5.X ability which permits multi-user connexions on the same mobile

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/getting-started-with-user-accounts-on-android-5-0-lollipop/

yep Official Android 5.1 permit multi-user and the Z530 only one.... Man Embarassed

Me and him are 99.9% sure than your android ACER layer creator creates big trouble in APN addition when no APN is known for an operator. We suppose than the original android need to manage APN for one or X users but your layer has destroyed the availibily to creating more than one user ===> ERROR ===> "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user"

So it is a layer bug from your side.

Please correct.

I must fire SYMACOM and choose another mobile provider due to that........

Answers

• ashin524
    ashin524 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Willemijns,

May I know you SW version? Thanks.

• willemijns

Hello, what is SW ?

• ashin524
    ashin524 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I mean software build number, you can find it from settings > about phone > build number, could you please provide this information? And the same SIM card insert Acer Z200 didn't have the problem, right? Thanks.

• willemijns

1) Acer_AV0L0_Z530_1.033.00_WW_GEN1

2) Yes; Z200 and another phones on 4.4 (yezz brandname)

• willemijns

Just tested the SIM on a MOT* G on Android 5 with no troubles so my guess comes true.

no news abnout an update ???