Stop vibrate

kikey59
kikey59 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi I have just purchased a new acer Liquid E2 witch I am very happy with is there any way to stop it vibrating when some one answers your call hope you can help Mike

Answers

• Piet
    Piet Member Posts: 18 New User
    Go to settings, sound, General, unmark vibrate
  • kikey59

thanks will that not stop the phone from vibrating when it rings

• Piet
    Sorry now I get what you mean. I tried turning all vibrate settings off and mine still does it. At first I found it irritating but now I am beginning to like it: you can call someone and have a conversation until they answer. but I would also like to turn it off if I want to.
  • Piet
    It looks like this is an android feature that is supposed to work with phones that have a proximity sensor: if the phone is next to your face it should not work. The E2 does not have this sensor so it should be disabled.
  • rfbeiboer
    rfbeiboer Member Posts: 18 New User

According to the specs, this phone does have a proximity sensor: http://www.acer.nl/ac/nl/NL/content/model-datasheet/HM.HC5EH.001

• kikey59

i have contacted acer and they think it is a fault and want me to return the phone 

• Piet
    That means that we all have received faulty phones! I got mine this week with android 4.2.2 already installed. Who can I contact in South Africa to get it replaced? Or must l return it to Orange UK from whom I bought it?
  • kikey59

sorry not sure i used live chat on acer web site try them they will help

• Piet
    I downloaded an app to check the sensors on a Android phone and my proximity sensor works perfectly. So I dont think there's any physical problems with my phone there's a bug in the firmware! What is the best way to report bugs to Acer so they can rectify it in the next update?l
  • BigMal
    BigMal Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have this very annoying problem with my E2, some of the people I have called have complained about the loud noise they get in their ear when answering my calls.... surely this should be able to be toggled on or off as required. Has anyone had any response from Acer? Silly little oversights like this should not be happening with a mainstream brand like Acer. Moan over.....

• DobbeltA
    DobbeltA Member Posts: 1 New User

I know its an old post but ill try to give a solution if someone else is reading this thread.

The setting should be found under ''Call'' and then locate the three dots(settings). Then there should be something called ''Call setting''. And under that section, the setting should be found where you can turn it on/off 

i translated from danish to english so maybe the sections is called something similar to what i wrote.
    Unfortunately i dont have any phone here to test with so i hope this is correct.

Regards the danish support line :-)